Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angel gifts = dollar store

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friends dd got gifts from the Angel Tree and it was pathetic dollar store crap. These kids are probably not going to have more presents for the rest of the year. Buying them some crap toy from the dollar store to make yourself feel good sucks. If you can't buy a decent toy, don't do Angel Tree.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
cutebaby06
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:55 PM

My daughter would, heck she's happy with a balloon, know why cuz she's been tsught to be grateful for whatever she gets, and I'm guessing it's you that making more of a big deal out of it then your kid does,.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're all saying she should be grateful to have a crap toy that falls apart that day. Great.

SlightlyPerfect
by Babushka Blockparty on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:55 PM

In the end, it's the kid that matters as well as his/her future. Is your friend's DD happy? Is your friend working to take her kid's name off the Angel Tree?

Quoting Anonymous:

So you're all saying she should be grateful to have a crap toy that falls apart that day. Great.

slightlyperfect

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:56 PM
You do realize this post is feeding into the entitlement mentality stereotype, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I agree. When I bought for the Angel Tree, I bought what I'd buy for my own child.  

Cochise
by Dawn on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Sad for the children  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:57 PM
I call bull shit. They haven't passed out the gifts for angel tree yet. They do that mid december.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Every damn year it's the same thing. People whining and complaining about dollar stuff gifts!
LucyHarper
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Better then nothing at all. Someone spent their money to get her kids presents for free, you should not be calling it crap. I got gifts as a kid off the angel tree and yeah, a lot of it was dollar store stuff, didn't matter to me. Those were the only gifts I was getting all year and when you are a kid who has nothing, those little things matter, and I was incredibly grateful for them. Sounds like you have a very spoiled stuck up attitude. If only people who could afford big fancy gifts did angel tree, there would be a heck of a lot of kids without Christmas presents, is that what you prefer? They don't get any toys at all? Why don't you go buy her kids something.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:59 PM
How about you go buy her kid better stuff since it bothers you so much.
ItsJustKell
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:59 PM

As I tell my 4 year old: "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." Grow up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured