Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Publicizing the names of those who receive PA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DH and I were watching a documentary about The Dust Bowl last night and one of the people interviewed said that the names of everyone on aid were published in the newspaper every week.  I had never heard that before and wondered what it would be like if we still did that.  Those people were literally starving and struggling like people couldn't imagine and were mortified to have to use the government to feed their families.  It was a source of embarrassment to admit you couldn't take care of your children on your own even though you were going through a natural disaster of mammoth proportions.  What changed?  Now if you can't do enough or don't want to you just walk down to DHS and get all the help you need.  You're patted on the back in many areas for receiving PA.  It just seems people had a lot more pride and drive back then.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (121-125):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 29 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

i guess if they lose a job you want to shame them furthur, and let the kids starve ffs.

BEXi
by BEXi on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I dont see anyone being patted on the back for being on PA.

WildCat73
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

How about we make all anons on a website who keep posting about PA show who they are instead of hiding. God forbid some people lose jobs etc or a man walks out on his family or vice versa.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Active duty?  My DH has been active for over 13 years and we have never once qualified for PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think I asked for this? Luckily I'm not a cold hearted bitch and actually have some compassion! I feel for you I really do. I'm not picking ANYONEs pocket! FYI my DH holds down a job and it's not like we are getting much, military doesn't pay worth a crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think I really care why you are picking my pocket?  Because I don't.  Lucky for you, welfare is compulsory for tax payers. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I for one am not disabled but was put on strict bed rest while pregnant. Just had my son and bc of the delivery and stuff I went thru I can go back to work for another 4-6 months! So unless you know the story of the medical reason why a person can not work and is on PA then keep quiet.

Quoting Anonymous:

If people are disabled, they have no business having children unless they had them before their disability.  And I don't think anyone would begrudge a child who is the product of a parent who became disabled. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the people who can't work for medical reasons huh? Should they let their kids suffer and not be fed? No I think not! Not EVERYONE on PA is a lazy moocher. Things happen and good people fall on hard times too!

Quoting CCMami:

You are so correct.  We've developed a sense of entitlement.  People think they're entitled to it.  They say, Im a single mother, I need help.  No, we make choices.  We should deal with them on our own instead of looking towards PA, which has now become the "man" to the PA recipient.  It should be there for only the desperate and it should be limited and people should be forced to work.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:41 PM
Yes active duty...like I said we have fallen on hard times this year. It's not much but it does help ALOT. You probably didn't qualify bc of the state and or the rank. I had to show certain documents to be eligible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Active duty?  My DH has been active for over 13 years and we have never once qualified for PA.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think I asked for this? Luckily I'm not a cold hearted bitch and actually have some compassion! I feel for you I really do. I'm not picking ANYONEs pocket! FYI my DH holds down a job and it's not like we are getting much, military doesn't pay worth a crap.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you think I really care why you are picking my pocket?  Because I don't.  Lucky for you, welfare is compulsory for tax payers. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I for one am not disabled but was put on strict bed rest while pregnant. Just had my son and bc of the delivery and stuff I went thru I can go back to work for another 4-6 months! So unless you know the story of the medical reason why a person can not work and is on PA then keep quiet.

Quoting Anonymous:

If people are disabled, they have no business having children unless they had them before their disability.  And I don't think anyone would begrudge a child who is the product of a parent who became disabled. 

Quoting Anonymous:

What about the people who can't work for medical reasons huh? Should they let their kids suffer and not be fed? No I think not! Not EVERYONE on PA is a lazy moocher. Things happen and good people fall on hard times too!

Quoting CCMami:

You are so correct.  We've developed a sense of entitlement.  People think they're entitled to it.  They say, Im a single mother, I need help.  No, we make choices.  We should deal with them on our own instead of looking towards PA, which has now become the "man" to the PA recipient.  It should be there for only the desperate and it should be limited and people should be forced to work.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN