Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Publicizing the names of those who receive PA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DH and I were watching a documentary about The Dust Bowl last night and one of the people interviewed said that the names of everyone on aid were published in the newspaper every week.  I had never heard that before and wondered what it would be like if we still did that.  Those people were literally starving and struggling like people couldn't imagine and were mortified to have to use the government to feed their families.  It was a source of embarrassment to admit you couldn't take care of your children on your own even though you were going through a natural disaster of mammoth proportions.  What changed?  Now if you can't do enough or don't want to you just walk down to DHS and get all the help you need.  You're patted on the back in many areas for receiving PA.  It just seems people had a lot more pride and drive back then.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Replies (21-30):
Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this

How is someone's financial records public record ?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I'm not proud, I don't feel entitled, but what mother wouldn't do anything she could to feed her children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM
2 moms liked this

with the influx of illegals, maybe THEY are the ones who should have their names printed, as THEY are ones coming over here to live off our dole...

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I love turkey dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM
I'm embarrassed as all hell to be getting Wic so I would be mortified to have to get food stamps. Why should it be that those who don't mooch be thrown out there to have others look down on them?
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Maybe we should tattoo FAILURE in red on anyone who is or has been on food stamps. That way everyone who does not read the newspaper knows..... *Sheesh*

Cher53
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting DixieL:

I can't imagine, people being so stupid, to embarrass people becasue they need help. I hope Karma comes back to bite them, and they need help. It would be great for them to have to see their names in the paper.

Your so right, Karma is a ugly thing and when it reels it's ugly head and bites them back they will be saying why me....Cause They are ignorant that's why...

DixieL
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Quoting Cher53:

Quoting DixieL:

I can't imagine, people being so stupid, to embarrass people becasue they need help. I hope Karma comes back to bite them, and they need help. It would be great for them to have to see their names in the paper.

Your so right, Karma is a ugly thing and when it reels it's ugly head and bites them back they will be saying why me....Cause They are ignorant that's why...

I agree with you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh ffs! Why is everyone so fuckin obsessed with PA, get a fuckin life instead of worrying about what everyone else is doing.
AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM

That's ridiculous!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN