Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

we are this years "adopt a family" and my sd is pissed!!! *edit eta*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i just found out today that my sons guidance councilor put our names in for the towns adopt a family thing. i myself am greatful for it. i seriously thought my kids wernt going to have xmas this year. we hit a really hard spot and between what we are backed up on and my kids needs and the damn price of oil im not going to have anything left to shop with. well not very much anyway. well now my sd is pissed because she doesnt want to be the towns charity case. i tried to explain it to her but shes not cracking. not sure how to handle it with her. the young ones dont know and wont know but shes older and she heard me on the phone. ugh!! i tried to explain to her that after everything is paid that leaves about $100 for xmas to cover 5 kids. thats not exactly alot and it definatly doesnt go far but shes still pissed. idk what to do now. i dont want her to be pissed at me but at the same time i dont want them to have a shitty xmas either.

***** for those asking, she is 15

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM
Replies (161-167):
onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Tell her to get the hell over it and stop being so ungrateful. Remind her that pride comes before a fall.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:12 PM
15 is old enough to work. She wants to bitch because her parents are asking for help then maybe she should contribute to her own support and they might have a something extra for Christmas!

Quoting Anonymous:

She is 15, it's not her job  to help with the bills, it's OP and her DH's

Quoting Anonymous:

I needed it after we left my children's father one year. The kids got amazing presents and clothes and shoes. Even things with their names stitched on! Tell your SD to pitch in with the bills or tell her she doesn't need to recieve any presents if she's going to be negative about it or even that if you don't get help she will only be getting $20 worth of Christmas presents this year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM

i dont want or need her money. the only thing i want he focused on is school and chores. we had about $2000 put aside fo the holidays and a very dear friend of mine passed away. he had no one but us. his parents died when he was a kid and had no siblings or other family. we had to bury him. cost me almost $3000 to do that. thats how we ended up in this mess in the first place. after all he had done for us in the past it was the least i could do.

Quoting Anonymous:

15 is old enough to work. She wants to bitch because her parents are asking for help then maybe she should contribute to her own support and they might have a something extra for Christmas!

Quoting Anonymous:

She is 15, it's not her job  to help with the bills, it's OP and her DH's

Quoting Anonymous:

I needed it after we left my children's father one year. The kids got amazing presents and clothes and shoes. Even things with their names stitched on! Tell your SD to pitch in with the bills or tell her she doesn't need to recieve any presents if she's going to be negative about it or even that if you don't get help she will only be getting $20 worth of Christmas presents this year.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM

to my aunt, a handout was foodstamps, medicaid, etc. she wouldn't take any of it, and her kids were going hungry. they took them away from her because she refused to go on food stamps. she wasn't making enough at her job to provide for them after paying bills.

Quoting 702girly:

Where does it say this 15 year old has a child to provide for?

Also, since when are children taken away from parents because they don't accept a donated Christmas gift?

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

being too proud to take a handout is what got my aunt's kids taken away from her.

Quoting 702girly:

Damn, I can't believe all the people putting this kid down because she doesn't want to be a charity case.

That's a GOOD thing. She's embarrassed about her family taking a handout. That's what those of us who pay our own bills call PRIDE. This will encourage her to work for her own money and buy her own shit instead of dropping to her knees and begging for it.

FFS, no wonder so many of you are dirt poor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM
i feel you op. our car needs a $1000 repair. so much for christmas.
jyofray
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM

she i just ashamed... at her age I'm sure all of us wouldn't want to be the towns charity either. I feel for her but try explaining to her sometimes getting help when needed isn't such a bad thing.  I am glad your children will get gifts this year. Every child deserves a gift or two <3

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM

dont you hate that? i dont have a car ight now because it needed repairs and it was going to cost more than i paid fo the stupid thing to begin with. my grandmother is my taxi lol she says shes indebted to me because whenever hers went in for repairs i did all her driving and when she went into the hospital for her 10year maintenance (its our running joke because every 10 years almost to the day she ends up sick as a dog and has to have something removed or fixed lol) i did all the driving before and after and during got all her paperwork for work done and ran around getting it all signed lol she says shell be driving me around forever if she has to as thanks for it lol i try not to call her unless i have to lol

Quoting Anonymous:

i feel you op. our car needs a $1000 repair. so much for christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)