Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my six year old isnt having christmas this year *edit*

Posted by   + Show Post
We have the money, and even had the toys, but she has always gotten what she has wanted and this year her ungratefulness for everything she owns and gets is has shown... for her birthday she got a dsi from her daddy and a bunch of other toys, but she wanted to open the gifts I got her and I told her to wait til later... I told her I will bring them out later that night because I wanted to give her time to play with her toys from her dad. While I was outside bringing in groceries, she went in the closet and got her toys out anyways. I called her dad and I took all her toys for the week. It broke my heart but she needed to learn a lesson and thought she did but appearantly not...

We have spent over 800 dollars for christmas presents and I had them in my closet. Noone is allowed in my room but everytime I went in my room today, the closet door was opened so I suspected she did it so tonight I sent her in there to put something away and went in after she was done and again the door was open so I confronted her, and she admitted to opening the door to see her gifts... I asked her what all she saw because I was just going to take those gifts and give them to the less fortunate children but she refused to answer so I took all but four small little gifts and brought them out, showed them to her, and explained she wasn't getting them... we took them to the police station, and I had her drop some of them off in the box of toys for tots, and we got back in our car and went home... when we come back from our vacation, Monday she is going to take the rest back to the store and get the money and buy gifts for her sister and other people...

All she is left with is four little toys with stockinng stuffers and everytime she goes back in the closet a toy will get taken and given to someone who will appreciate it...

My two year old is still having christmas and she will still have all the toys we bought her but my six year old is going to learn a lesson the hard way... it breaks my heart but I refuse to have a spoiled brat

Edit:
Well got to go to bed... we have to be up in a couple hours to go out of town for thanksgiving...

But I do want to say one thing... it is kinda funny how I posted the same thing on my fb status and got a different... everyone was all for what I was doing including my family.
I am not doing this to be mean or hateful or to take christmas away from my child... I am doing this to teach her a valuable lessons, and no this is not what normal six year olds do. That is not what I remember growing up and that is not what I want my kids to do... I have rules and I expect them to be obeyed and if they are broken then there will be consequences nomatter if it is christmas or not... she broke my rules and now she has to deal with the consequences. She still has toys, it is just not as much as she would have had..

I am not here to be her friend... I am here to be her mother . And although this hurts me, I have to follow through and I will because she has to learn this lesson.. she willingly did this knowing the consequences for her actions, and now I have to follow through with what I said and punish her so maybe next time this won't happen...

Goodnight ladies... I have to be up in four hours
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
Aleta775
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this

She's six. Of course, she is curious about what her gifts are. You're a bitch for taking all of her gifts away. It is perfectly normal for kids to try to find out what they got for Christmas.

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
They were in my room and in my closet... she is not even allowed in my room... I only sent her in there to set her up because I suspected her of going through my closet... the toys aren't just out... we have a walkin closet and they are in big boxes, and when I questioned her about all she saw, she refused to answer so I took them all except a couple... again her fault, and this is something she has to deal with... I love her to death and would do anything for her but I am not raising a spoiled brat

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

*YOU* should have put them somewhere she couldn't see or find them. You dangled them practically in front of her face and now SHE gets punished?? She is 6 years old FFS. Why don't you gift yourself with a parenting class? Or two.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:34 AM

yeah a kid who doens't take what mommy say's seriously.........this is a situation where its damned if you do and damned if you don't, either way op does this she will either get praise or unapprovial, its a lose lose situation.

Quoting Anonymous:

You sound really mean, she's just a kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

has it ever occured to you that maybe it isn't that she isn't grateful maybe she is just a quite child. My daughter has never smiled when she got stuff, never cried when she got stuff taken away but i never meant that she didn't like the stuff or taking stuff away didn't bother her. she may never have voiced it but that don't mean anything. It could be just her personality. I don't know about you but i wouldn't want to see my kid cry on christmas morning just to prove a point, that is just being a bitch, and she will remember this.Every child is different, you can't expect her to be like your other two kids. You know you have a sneaky kid, then why didn't you put a lock on the door, that would have save you a lot of problems, that is what i do. what she didn't ins't anything unusual, most kids have done the same thing is given the opporunity.

Your kid, your business but i think you are overreacting and just being mean.

uoting uriahadel:

Yea there is more to it... from the time she was really little, she never showed gratitude for anything, and she never smiles or is happy when she receives anything, and I thought that was just her personality, but this year it really started showing, and when I took her gifts away on her birthday, it didn't bother her... tonight when I took them and made her take them to the police station, it didn't bother her... I think it bothers me more then it does her... I honestly don't think she believes I will go through with it, but I am, and on christmas it is going to break her heart and that is when it is going to hit the fan... it is already breaking my heart but I know I have to go through with this... my other child is very grateful for everything she gets but my oldest is and has never been grateful

Quoting moosesmom:

I'm sure there's more to this. You live with her and I don't. But all I read about was an eager child who couldn't wait to see her gifts. The anticipation was killing her!! Lol.

The.Hug.Life
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Traumatize? REALLY?! Talk about a first world mentality.

Abuse is traumatizing. Rape is traumatizing. Seeing something horrific like death is traumatizing. Getting Christmas taken away for breaking the rules? Not traumatizing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, I believe in teaching a child a lesson too... But to traumatize her, you're right you're raising her and you've made her this way so take a look in the mirror on how her behavior has become that way... I hope her family makes up for what you're taking away from her... Not giving her everything is one thing but to not give her anything...Crazy concept keep the toys away from such a easy area to be found...

uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM
My other child isn't spoiled, and my oldest isn't spoiled either but she did get everything she want until now, until she has showed me she is not mature to handle what she wants...

I discipline my children consistently... they are great kids, but my oldest is just use to getting everything she wants and that is why I am putting a stop to it now

Quoting Dzyre1115:

My only issue, that you still intend to spoil the younger child, thus creating another monster.  Maybe it's time to downsize all around to create better humans!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

You are a bitch mom. 

KGreen75
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this
You are setting your child up to resent their younger sibling. The 6 year old will see the 2 year old being showered with gifts and be resentful and angry. YOU created this monster. Your solution is only going to lead to anger

How about you make your child volunteer a few days a week at a homeless shelter where kids truly have nothing, so she can see exactly how lucky she is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM
3 moms liked this

no, it op had dangled them in front of her dd's face she would have put the presents up in her dd's closet and expect her not to look..........really op has rules, just like you, and op expects her rules to be followed, just like you...........her dd is getting punished for not following the rules, imo taking presents away is a hell of a lot better then spanking or as some of you see it "hitting" her dd.

Quoting NikiSellers0806:

*YOU* should have put them somewhere she couldn't see or find them. You dangled them practically in front of her face and now SHE gets punished?? She is 6 years old FFS. Why don't you gift yourself with a parenting class? Or two.

Kaybean
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:39 AM
$800???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)