Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have an "Emergency Stash" of anything?... *Be gentle ladies...my dog died today.

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:54 AM
  • 21 Replies

so, I bought a bottle of tequila several years ago. I saved this bottle, and put it up on the display shelf in my kitchen. I kept that bottle around because I knew, one day, my dog..and my BFF Zeus would die...and I would need some serious consoling..

Well, I am halfway through that bottle.... my kids aren't here and I will pull my shit together in the morning and be at work like a champ...but tonight...I am sad.

RIP  Zeus....aka Zeusifer when he was bad:(

Zeus is on the right. The other dog is Smoke...Zeus was only a few years old . He got away from me when I took him out to pee...chased another dog into the highway, and that was that.

ninjaYou can't deny laughter, when it comes, it plops down in your favorite chair and stays as long as it wants. -Stephen King

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eyeheartsin
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:55 AM
Aww sorry for your loss :( hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mattiehatter
by Mary on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:56 AM

I'm so sorry.

canog08
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:58 AM

sorry for your loss

meka26
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Sorry for your loss!!!

stacefaceninja
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Thanks ladies:) I appreciate it. I am just glad I bought that tequila...really...lol...it has helped. I had his old tags on a bread tie, and had it wrapped around the neck of the bottle..just to remind myself not to be sneaking it in on the weekends...to save it. Glad I did. Anybody else do that?

Oceana09
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I'm sorry mama. And I don't have a secret stash of alcohol, but I do have a secret stash of chocolate that no one knows about. Sometimes when I'm upset and don't want to talk to anyone, it gets pulled out.

babyboy117
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:08 AM

aww Sorry about your dog.They were both super cute! I have a pack of cigs hidden behind the microwave. I only smoke if I am super upset and I wait for LO to go to bed. I have had the pack for 3 months. They are probaly stale. lol

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:08 AM
I'm sorry. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ysmeine
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:13 AM

I had saved the last bottle of a particularly good batch of wine for something special. I ended up drinking it to destress a couple weeks ago. I don't drink very often, but I only drink my own stuff or really good quality spirits. So technically, I have things stashed for good or bad days or just as a special treat. 

Sorry about Zeus. I know how attatched we can get.

mandy1017
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:19 AM
Im sorry for your loss :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN