Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't get him off my mind and I know it's wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
From 2005-2008 I had a relationship with a man. We met online. He lived in another state. We spend every day, hours and hours talking, emailing, texting. He is a musician so his time was limited and I had just went thru a divorce so I had my children to take care of. We saw each other a few times a month. We shared everything. I helped him write his music.

We could never get our lives moving in sync so being together full time wouldn't have worked. I met a man, started dating him and long story short, we are married.

I'm happy. My husband treats me amazingly. Caters to my every need and want. We never argue, we laugh, joke and our life is great.

2 years ago, we decided not go talk anymore, wasnt fair to my husband. (Before we got married) But I miss my friend deeply. I dream of him. And not the physical, but the spiritual connection we had. I YouTube his videos and I cry watching him, singing lyrics I wrote for him. I want to contact him, see how he is doing. I'm restraining myself to not call him. But it's hard.

My heart feels like it is missing pieces.

Has anyone been thru this? The pain is so unbearable.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Did you actually ever meet this musician? Spend time with him other than in cyber land?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DollFace-23
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:14 AM
She stated they say each other a few times a month

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Did you actually ever meet this musician? Spend time with him other than in cyber land?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DacieArie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:15 AM
"We saw each other a few times a month."
I'd assume so.
Op maybe you should seek a counselor.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Quoting smurfbitebug:

Yes, reread my post. Several times a month we would drive and see each other. I'd spend weekends at his families home with him. We took some vacations together. But theirs his music career got going, of course the less I saw of him. And my career requires me to travel, so it was impossible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Link his youtube vid!
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:17 AM
I must have missed that part.

What I'm trying to figure out is why, if they had such strong feelings for each other, they didn't seem to have a solid relationship at any point. I think if they had had that, OP wouldn't feel so.. cheated? Out of him.

Quoting DollFace-23:

She stated they say each other a few times a month

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Quoting DacieArie:

I guess it's something to consider. Not sure what they could do for me. But anything is worth a try. Me feeling this way is not fair to my husband.
smurfbitebug
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM
Ah. I see.

So it ended friendly and mutually?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Yes, reread my post. Several times a month we would drive and see each other. I'd spend weekends at his families home with him. We took some vacations together. But theirs his music career got going, of course the less I saw of him. And my career requires me to travel, so it was impossible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DacieArie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:19 AM
They can help you get to a mental level where you're able to let it go and cope.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting DacieArie:

I guess it's something to consider. Not sure what they could do for me. But anything is worth a try. Me feeling this way is not fair to my husband.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:19 AM
What would happen if you contacted him and he said he still has feelings for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured