Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My ex lost his driver's license

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 327 Replies
7 moms liked this

That's right. He hasn't paid a dime in over 3 months. I got the letter yesterday and I guess so did he because he called me and bitched me out. As of today it has been suspended and he can't get it reinstated until either he pays what he owes or he makes a payment schedule that I agree to. Since he took his girlfriend on a cruise last month (when he had already missed 2 payments), he is going to have to pay the whole amount. He swears that he won the cruise tickets on the radio and maybe he did but to go, he had to take a whole week off work, that means using PTO hours that he could have cashed in and then worked the week instead (and it would have been like getting paid double) so I don't feel bad for him at all. I am just happy that they are finally doing something about it!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:54 AM
4 moms liked this

how do you expect him to work in order to pay the support? If he can't get to work he can't pay you any support

First_One_8_18
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:57 AM
10 moms liked this
It's not like she asked them to take it away because she thought that's what they should do. That's just how most states punish offenders lol

Quoting Anonymous:

how do you expect him to work in order to pay the support? If he can't get to work he can't pay you any support

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:57 AM
3 moms liked this

That makes no sence. Your resentment is clouding your judgment.

Okay so what he went on the cruise. That can not be undone. He needs a car to get to work. You should have had his wages garnished. That would have made more sence.

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:57 AM
36 moms liked this

He lives about a mile from his work so he could easily walk. It won't be convenient but, hey, not getting child support for 3 months hasn't been convenient for me

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:59 AM
6 moms liked this

The thing about the cruise is, he can't tell me he didn't have the money to pay CS if he could take the time off work (using his PTOs) in order to go when if he was really strapped for cash, he would still goes to work but cash in his PTOs so he can pay his CS. And he lives about a mile from where he works, he can walk

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Okay so what he went on the cruise. That can not be undone. He needs a car to get to work. You should have had his wages garnished. That would have made more sence.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:04 AM
7 moms liked this

I am really hoping that this will show him that child support is not just an option

mimismomma123
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM
5 moms liked this
Good for you!! Try to get them to take the cs out of his check
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM
What is the PTOs you speak of? Explain

I would be completly fucked if I didn't have my car. We have no buses here. I have to work, get to the store, ect.

Did you need the money desperately?

Quoting Anonymous:

The thing about the cruise is, he can't tell me he didn't have the money to pay CS if he could take the time off work (using his PTOs) in order to go when if he was really strapped for cash, he would still goes to work but cash in his PTOs so he can pay his CS. And he lives about a mile from where he works, he can walk

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:08 AM
3 moms liked this
Good that's what he gets hope he has a bike. I have no sympathy for him. My ex owes my daughter 48,368.00.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:14 AM
2 moms liked this

PTO hours are personal time off hours. Many people earn a certain amount of them for every paycheck. If you have, say 40 PTO hours and you work a 40 hour week, you can take the whole week off and still get paid. However, most places with also allow you to "cash in" your hours. Meaning still work and get your pay check but trade your hours in for an extra check (though they do take fees out). He lives about a mile from his work and so could easily walk. Will we starve without the child support, no, but I do need it. I try to not count on it and I can pay all the bills with my paycheck but there is not a lot left over for extras and emergencies that come up

Quoting ButterMeUp:

What is the PTOs you speak of? Explain

I would be completly fucked if I didn't have my car. We have no buses here. I have to work, get to the store, ect.

Did you need the money desperately?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN