Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long could you stay in a sexless relationship/ marriage?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Before you couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (111-120):
Leobaby2007
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM

A very, very long time.

-ZombieGirl-
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I'm a military wife. I'm use to going long periods without sex. Hahaha
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SusieQue717
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM

not too long. I have needs. If he was perfectly healthy, just no longer wanted sex, not long.

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Not sure. I know people say it doesn't make their relationship, but it is a huge part of ours. It's not just about having the pleasure but the closeness too

tifbrown
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I don't know that is tough. One of those don't know until you are in the situation type things. We have gone through periods in our marriage where our sex life was lacking, but it was because other areas of our marriage weren't doing well. I would definitely make every effort to make it work and find the other problems in our marriage that are causing us to not have sex.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mbpeaceful12
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Forever. I would love that. Sex is messy and annoying.

And can be time-consuming, especially if you are not the one getting off anyway.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this
This is my true story and I wont even go anon. Tell me what you think. I got married very young (was 19 now I'm turning 25 in a few weeks) I was so inlove when I got married and everything was peachy. But shortly after the wedding, our sex life went from great to not so good to nothing at all. I had my first baby 2yrs after we got married and sex was already not good at that point we were only having sex once a month. I tried and he would push me away. I kept trying but still nothing happened. Then few more years later the sex wasn't the only thing we were lacking. I realized we didn't have much interest in eachother. Really I want to talk to him but he doesn't. I want to spend time with him but he doesn't. When I was pregnant with my first we went 5 months with out sex or anything no kissing no nothing. Now I'm pregnant again and still its been 2 months of nothing. I can't take it anymore. I know it will never get better and since sex isn't everything then I did stay for love and for our family. Now I'm thinking I'm too young to be held back from a big desire. What used to be me wanting him has now become me wanting any sex. I have fantasies everyday and I can't explore them. I wouldn't cheat on him but trust me the thought has crossed my mind many times. Being in a sexless relationship isn't "healthy" I think its best to part ways and still love eachother than divorce because I cheated and he will hate me. Idk I guess its one of those things that if you haven't lived it long enough you can't really say you would stay 100% because I tried to stay for 5 years and I finally broke down to the point where I just can't do this anymore.

Quoting carrielenc:

I would not leave or stray, my vows said "in sickness and in health" its not all about sex. If it was me not able he would stay, would your SO stay?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM
As long as he isn't cheating and that's the reason it'a sexless marriage then I would definately stay married and I would never stray. I love my husband of almost 12 years(together for 14) and have never been in love with anyone before him even though I was married before and divorced. Sex with my husband is more than amazing but if for some reason he couldn't have sex I would just have to rely on BOB but I wouldn't cheat nor would our relationship change. Love is enough for me.
beach40
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:53 AM

We went seven years, but there where more issues than just sex.  

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:55 AM

i believe in commitment. so it doesn't matter how long i would have to go without sex. there's more to a relationship than sex. even though i'm addicted to it and my SO and I constantly having sex, if he decided not to have it for a while, i would respect that and wait. that's no reason to end a relationship. if that's the case then it probably isn't a serious relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured