Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long could you stay in a sexless relationship/ marriage?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Before you couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (101-110):
yperez0209
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM

It all depends on the reason why we're not having sex. If there's an illness involved or some type of serious impediment to us not being able to have sex then I would be more understanding. If it's because we despise eachother and can't seem to get in communion with eachother then that's more serious. I would try to work on it. When we've had our moments of spacing intimacy it's usually because we are having issues in our relationship. The problem isn't the not having sex part, that's just a sign that there's something deeper going on. I guess I can't really put a time frame. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM
Its been 1 & 1/2 years for us. I dont plan on leaving a 17 year marriage for it. Sex isnt that important in our relationship. He is also my best friend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:06 AM

My father has been ill for 12 years. He can not have sex. It could kill him. My mother stays and says it doesn't bother her. She said there is much more to their 43 year marriage then sex. :) I love my mom. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM

I practically am. I think my husband is asexual. We had split up over this before we were ever married. For that and a few other reasons. He changed everything but the sex thing and I decided to loved him too much for the sex to be a huge issue. I can 100 percent honestly say I am ok. We have a wonderful marriage and a child together now. Sex just isn't important to me anymore. Its been over a year now since we've had sex. He's actually mentioned it a couple times and I just shrug it off and continue on because I think his want to have sex is purely out of love for me and not because he actually wants it. Before this relationship if you had told me I'd be in a sexless marriage I'd never have believed it. But things change :)

eqwife
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:09 AM

i dont like sex...like at all..

..so, this would actually be ideal for me..

OrientalLily
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM
I love my s/o enough that if we could never, or would never have sex again, it would not affect our relationship. I love him as a person more than I need sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:13 AM

It depends on why its sexless. I would try to fix it and then if my partner was unwilling to try then we would have issues. Being intimate and having sex is a part of marriage, without it you are missing part of your relationship. I would not stay just because they didn't want to have sex, if it was a medical problem then that would be different.

siennasmamma
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I would stay. I said forever, and I meant it.
MamaSince2005
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM

my dh said he wouldn't leave.

i wouldn't leave either. 

redhead-bedhead
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I would work hard to figure out what the underlying problem was.

Quoting Anonymous:

But what If your spouse is perfectly healthy?

Quoting carrielenc:

I would not leave or stray, my vows said "in sickness and in health" its not all about sex. If it was me not able he would stay, would your SO stay?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured