Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long could you stay in a sexless relationship/ marriage?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Before you couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (131-140):
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:27 PM
It would depend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM

I took my vows to stay with him forever, it's not about the sex (although sex is amazing) I wouldn't leave because of a lack of sex.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Sex is important to me but my marriage is more important. I would do everything in my power to rectify the situation. If that didn't work I think I would stay but this is hard for me to imagine
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

It's been a couple of years now. I will never leave, even if he never touches me again. 

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
6 months.
*unless there are medical issues involved. But if he refuses to get help or try I will leave.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I currently live this way.  There are other things in life besides sex.  I will never leave.  I love my husband and I am attracted to him.  We are both just very stubborn and were on our own for too long.  I want him to come on to be and be the agressor and he doesn't.  We works too much and is tired and stuck in his routine.  He have horrible communication skills but we are working on it.  We have had sex three times in a year.  All of those times my husband was drinking but was relaxed.  He is very high strung.  He has high blood pressure.  I have thought of leaving but what the hell else is out there?  We have been together since 2004 and I am about to turn 40.  I just try to keep things in perspective and keep working on our relationship. 

The positives about him are that he's a wonderful provider, a great father, he's smart, witty, funny and we have the best times when we go out on dates together.  I have hope that things will improve.  I am in no way wanting to leave.  I can't imagine my life without him. 

SammiBaby
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM
I'd rather be in a sexless marriage than a loveless marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM

honestly it would depend on why.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Is sex really THAT important when you are suposetly in love?
jen2150
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:31 PM

If I was in that position I would get them the help they needed.  If they refused to get help then I would let them know I would not stick around waiting for them.  Sex is important for a healthy marriage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN