Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long could you stay in a sexless relationship/ marriage?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Before you couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (331-339):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:58 AM
I agree. Sometimes we can't control that thing that is much bigger either.

Quoting muzzyh:

I stayed over a year. I'm out of that now. No sex is a symptom of something(s) else MUCH bigger that is wrong. I wish I'd left earlier. I can't believe how quickly my new-found happiness came on.

artistmom889
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Forever,  Sex was not my reason for marrying him in the first place. I married him because he is the most wonderful man I have ever met and I could see getting old with him. We had a sexless relationship before we got married so I know we can last after the 'fire' is gone. Sex is fun... no denying it, but it's just a bonus.

oh. and I come from good stock. My parents had an amazing relationship  and my father lost the ability to 'perform' 20 years before he passed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 5:59 AM

I understand what you're saying, but if no sex is happening in a marriage then BOTH partners better make sure that the other is okay with it. My MIL had a similar attitude as you. Eh.  No sex.  Whatever.  It's no biggie.  There's more to a marriage than sex.  Unfortunately, she failed to confirm that this was okay with my FIL.  After 3 years of no sex...he left.  They had been married for over 23 years.

Quoting carrielenc:

I would still stay, sex is not everything. We love and support each other and have kids that we want them to always have mom and dad around.

Quoting Anonymous:

But what If your spouse is perfectly healthy?
Quoting carrielenc:

I would not leave or stray, my vows said "in sickness and in health" its not all about sex. If it was me not able he would stay, would your SO stay?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Yeah.  I know the feeling.  Sorry, Mama.  I'm there too.  It's quite frustrating.  I sitting here reading these women's comments that they'd like to never have sex again.  I hear my friends talk about how their husbands get mad at them because they never want to have sex or that they dread their "sex" night of the week or month.  Seriously?  My husband does NOT know how good he has it.  He has a woman who wants sex.  A lot.  And he turns me down.  Repeatedly.  I'm so flippin' unhappy.  He doesn't seem to care.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have had sex maybe 10 times or so in the past two years.

If it doesn't change, I will leave.

I've tried everything, seduction, communication and he says he still wants me but gives me all these excuses. I know he's not cheating.

I just I have to have that intimacy. Once a week I'd be happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Well I'm going on 11 months now and doing just fine. So forever!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:57 AM
:( you're not alone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah.  I know the feeling.  Sorry, Mama.  I'm there too.  It's quite frustrating.  I sitting here reading these women's comments that they'd like to never have sex again.  I hear my friends talk about how their husbands get mad at them because they never want to have sex or that they dread their "sex" night of the week or month.  Seriously?  My husband does NOT know how good he has it.  He has a woman who wants sex.  A lot.  And he turns me down.  Repeatedly.  I'm so flippin' unhappy.  He doesn't seem to care.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have had sex maybe 10 times or so in the past two years.

If it doesn't change, I will leave.

I've tried everything, seduction, communication and he says he still wants me but gives me all these excuses. I know he's not cheating.

I just I have to have that intimacy. Once a week I'd be happy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 80 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:05 AM

I could.  I have hands right and don't have an issue taking care of myself.

otoole
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:46 AM

i don't know, i love sex. it would drive me mad

Anonymous
by Anonymous 73 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

My biggest problem has been convincing him that intimacy doesn't have to equal sex. I think he, like most men, think they HAVE to be the same thing. We went through a phase were he wasn't even affectionate, when I jumped him about it, his explanation was he was afraid to get me worked up and then not be able to perform, so he shut down everything. We do a lot of talking about this and some fighting, but we are getting there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN