Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long could you stay in a sexless relationship/ marriage?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Before you couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (51-60):
CadincesMom
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:12 AM

It is about so much more than sex...I love my husband and I would not leave him over lack of sex

mich.el.le
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't ever leave.  My vows weren't ''or until you stop putting out''. 

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:15 AM

forever,we have sex about once a month.I have no sex drive or no intrest in sex.plus his dick is so small I get no pleasure anyways.but sex is not what makes a marrige imo

MrsRi
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Honestly I don't know.  If it's medical or something then yeah, ok I get that.  If he just doesn't want sex all of a sudden or something along those lines then I don't know.  Sure sex isn't EVERYTHING, but sexual intimacy is important in a relationship and it's something I made very clear was expected.  So, it would really depend on the circumstances and what was being done.  DH and I have a very strong non sexual intimacy as well so it would really depend on the situation.  Therefore I can't just give a straight answer on that one.

Oostera
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM

That depends on what he is doing otherwise. If he is still being loving, romantic, and intimate in other ways, I would stay. I don't need sex to be happy, I need intimacy and closeness, love. If he is cheating and THAT'S why no sex, fuck that. I'd cut and run. I don't forgive cheating.

Antsbabigurl
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Sex and intimacy are both very important components of a marriage. But as previously stated, I agree that sex isn't everything. I would not leave my husband for the lack of sex no matter the reason. I'm very committed to my vows and take them seriously. I believe in the strength of my marriage and know that my husband and I are strong enough together to overcome any obstacle. 

2ndtimemom605
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I wouldn't leave,but I would resent him.I like sex,I love being that intimate with him,and I do feel sex is important in a marriage.So while its not a dealbreaker,him not wanting it would be a big problem to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tisha826
by Tisha on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:44 AM
I'm not sure if the no sex part would bother me as much as me feeling rejected and unattractive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
702girly
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM

He's perfectly healthy and just decided to become abstinent?

I'd leave as soon as he told me that. I have no desire to be in that kind of relationship.

sonynu
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I think about this all the time. It has been 2 years with no sex. He can't explain why he isn't interested..I truly believe he just lost all attraction. It causes so much frustration and effects all aspects of out marriage. We have a daughter and one on the way (IVF) and I just don't know what to do. Cheat? Leave?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)