Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long could you stay in a sexless relationship/ marriage?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Before you couldn't take it anymore and decided to leave?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM

forever

miss_AP
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM

The sex wasn't the only reason for leaving but it was definitely a contributing factor....I was married for 8 years. Sex was......seldom, even in the beginning. After having DD1 about 18 months into the marriage it was practically non-existent after that....random and rare....of course one of those landed DD2 ;)

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I love DH so much and sex is NOT the most important thing to either of us. I would never leave him because of lack of sex. 

msjoecool
by Crissy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I'm not leaving my husband for anything. We took vows. I love my husband more today than the day I married him 13 years ago. I am not going to look for physical affection elsewhere either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momlovesdaisies
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Am I crazy to think that I love having sex with my fiance. I wouldn't leave him for no sex but those of you who said you would be fine without sex is weird to me. For me it isn't just about the act it is about the intimacy. They you are connecting not only physically but emotionally as well. Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic. I think all relationships go through some kind of sexual issues but I wouldn't leave my DH for it. That doesn't change even though we aren't married yet. I feel the same. I'd stay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM
I'm sorry but I would have to leave me and my fiance have had sex 7 times in the past 3 years and as soon as I get this job he's gone I need d**k and I'm not gonna just sit here and wait around forever give it up or get out IMO
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I would still stay. I love DF, and sure I enjoy sex,
But I don't NEED it.
So_Devious20
by Misha Lovegood<3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I'm surprised at all the women saying "forever". If DH was "ill" in some way physically or mentally that would be different. We'd work through it. But if he just wasn't having sex with me just because, that would be an issue for me. I doubt I could stay "forever". Yes, I took marriage vows for better or for worse. But we also entered into this marriage knowing that sex was a very important part for both of us. Worse isn't supposed to outweigh the better by any means.

BShip2010
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I wouldn't leave. It isn't all about sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:02 AM
A friend of mine has been in a marriage for over 10 yrs with no sex. He has some medical condition. They have never had sex.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)