Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So What's Your Kids' Big Gift This Year?

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd's are 4 and 5. We got them a white imac. The rest of their gifts are books, bedding and clothes except for the Disney princess dream house and set of 7 Disney princessdolls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Replies (71-80):
brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:22 AM
He's 3 and he's getting a train table and we're getting tickets to Monster Jam because he wants to see monster trucks. I'm not sure what else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM
American girl stuff

I am amazed at the amoun of people who only seen to be buying electronic things for their kids.

I get maybe getting one, but I have read over and over that kids are only getting electronic things.
Sad state of reality I guess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:25 AM

My daughter is a year old, we haven't really bought her a 'big' gift yet, they're all more or less equal in size and price. 

autiemama516
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

A Cadillac CTS for my 16 yo son. What the heck its the holidays ya know?

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Our world is evolving. I think the American girl crap is stupid. $100 bucks for a doll? I hope my girls never want that crap and stick to technology instead! A computer or tablet is a step towards becoming comfortable with what has shaped our culture. It's important. What's sad is barring your kids from it and making them play outside, ignorant of the way the world works.

Quoting matofour:

American girl stuff

I am amazed at the amoun of people who only seen to be buying electronic things for their kids.

I get maybe getting one, but I have read over and over that kids are only getting electronic things.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyLehr
by Veronica on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I have no idea!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
idee
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:30 AM

My daughter is flying out to California and my sisters are taking her to Disneyland for Christmas.

Then she is getting some gift cards to places in her stocking when she gets home.

hudson.maggie
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:31 AM

My dd is three and her big gift is a tablet. The rest she will get is mostly just clothes and a few small toys.

idee
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I think both are actually ok. I mean people will still have kids and an imagination is a good thing to have.

Quoting Sailor_nena:

Our world is evolving. I think the American girl crap is stupid. $100 bucks for a doll? I hope my girls never want that crap and stick to technology instead! A computer or tablet is a step towards becoming comfortable with what has shaped our culture. It's important. What's sad is barring your kids from it and making them play outside, ignorant of the way the world works.

Quoting matofour:

American girl stuff

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM
That's why I bought kid pix. It's a great software that is designed to stimulate the imagination.

Quoting idee:

I think both are actually ok. I mean people will still have kids and an imagination is a good thing to have.

Quoting Sailor_nena:

Quoting matofour:

American girl stuff

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN