Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this right? Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
okay just wondering if it's not alright and "rude" or "wrong" for an underprivileged child to ask for an expensive gift through a gift giving program..is it right for people who already have everything they already need/want to enter drawings and win expensive things that they already have or have the money to buy? Isn't that just as greedy? If rich people didn't enter it would better the odds of it going to someone who it would be a huge deal to and wouldn't otherwise be so lucky .. Just some food for thought.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I don't think children necessary understand the concept of not having money and expensive gifts. 

lovinglife0682
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 AM
This

Quoting mrswillie:

I don't think children necessary understand the concept of not having money and expensive gifts. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting lovinglife0682:

This

Quoting mrswillie:

I'm glad someone agrees. When I was younger, we were "ok/good", but sometimes I wanted to go to the skate rink but my parents said, "we don't have the money this week." I thought, "yeah, right. You don't want to stay up late to take me and bring me home". When I got my first place, I understood.

Many kids, who have never had or have had and lost, don't understand not having. They are just like every other child, wanting the latest and greatest toy or electronic. Many who do help these family's can and do provide nicer gifts, so for these kids, their is always a chance their dream will come true.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM
apparently no one wants to say shit about being greedy UNLESS it's for the needy. Which to.me is more acceptable
casah4
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I think it's totally fine for a child to dream big at Christmas and want a pricey toy. Some people can afford to get the pricier gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:48 AM

everyone should have the experience of winning something IMO 

LizzieAnnesMom
by โ˜†Mrs.Winchesterโ˜† on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Children dont really understand the concept of expensive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN