Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AHHH! Help! Help! Help! Emergency!

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM
  • 11 Replies

Did I get your attention I hope so!

Now! 

Has anyone baked their hard boiled eggs instead of boiled them? Does it work any better? I found this on pinterest and was curious if its easier cause I seriously gotta make a TON for tomorrow and sooooo not looking forward to cooking them all in batches! 

Tips and help would be appreciated! 

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM

No one? Please?

niki_hubbard
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM
They set correctly, but did not peel well. At all. Im talking chunks of the white pulled off.
Pink.Sunshine
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

No I would be scared it's going to explode in the oven.

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Oh geeze really so its not any better at all then. Grr. 

Quoting niki_hubbard:

They set correctly, but did not peel well. At all. Im talking chunks of the white pulled off.

kidkrazyinAK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:36 AM

It worked fine...my kids seemed to think they tasted a little different, but I didn't notice anything. I did mine in a muffin tin just to be safe.

mysticmom90
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I would make enough potato salad for about 50 people growing up. What I would do when having to boil 14 dozen eggs is just start early and set a huge pot on each burner!

Peeling egg trick---> set the eggs in ice for 30 min or so, then when peeling crack them all up find the spot that doesn't have white in it (there is always that part that dips) peel off the shell there and place that open part under the water faucet, the rest of the egg shells will fall of with little to no effort :)

good luck!! 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Thank you! I can't imagine doing 14 dozen that sounds like a nightmare! I only have to do 2 dozen! That sounds hard enough thank you for all the tips though I really appreciate it! DH usually does this (he's the chef) but he ended up having to work today so I'm trying to make it so he doesn't have a lot to do when he gets home! 

Quoting mysticmom90:

I would make enough potato salad for about 50 people growing up. What I would do when having to boil 14 dozen eggs is just start early and set a huge pot on each burner!

Peeling egg trick---> set the eggs in ice for 30 min or so, then when peeling crack them all up find the spot that doesn't have white in it (there is always that part that dips) peel off the shell there and place that open part under the water faucet, the rest of the egg shells will fall of with little to no effort :)

good luck!! 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Oven or stove top didn't make a difference to me.  BUT, buying older eggs helps with the peeling.  That white membrane that gets stuck is less stuck on older eggs.  So check the use by dates and go for the oldest eggs.  Then use mysticmom90's trick with the faucet and they should be PERFECT, stovetop or oven baked.

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM

it worked for me, the only downside was that it left little burn marks on the bottoms of the eggs but you could probably cut those off

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM

supposedly putting vinegar in water helps as well

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Oven or stove top didn't make a difference to me.  BUT, buying older eggs helps with the peeling.  That white membrane that gets stuck is less stuck on older eggs.  So check the use by dates and go for the oldest eggs.  Then use mysticmom90's trick with the faucet and they should be PERFECT, stovetop or oven baked.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured