Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is so much harder than I thought

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Yesterday I started the process of painting my children's bedroom. Boy did I underestimate this task. In the past 24 hours, I have filled a million nail holes (thank you previous owners), taped off a million edges (so it feels), and finally finished priming the walls. Now I am off to get paint and will hopefully be able to finish painting and putting together their new beds before I go to bed to tonight. Oh yeah, and I also I need to grocery shop and prepare something delicious for tomorrow.
There is no time tomorrow to get any of this done and if I don't do it all today, my kids won't have any where to sleep when we get home with them late tomorrow night. Ahhhhhh! I think I might be beginning to panic!

Always time to post on CM though! Lol!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Here are some photos from when I went to sleep at 1am last night. I have done much more today already.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Painting isnt so bad....its all the prep I HATE!!!  If I can just come in and slap paint on the walls, great!!!  Priming, taping, washing the walls, hole filling.  UGH!!!!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Good luck!  Time to tap into your Supermom powers!  And probably some coffee.

LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Good luck hun. Hope you get it all done with relax time to spare. I painted my girls' room in 4 hours the other day. Gothic Amethyst Purple. Its pretty :) what color are you doing your kids' room?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
What color was it and what will it be?

We had to paint a bright pink room blue for ds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Oh Painting sucks!
We just bought a house and the previous owners did a terrible terrible job, it's "in the lines" but it's like chunky. You can tell they didn't prep it and they rushed. So I'm going to re-do the dining room, living room, hallway, my son's bed room and the spare room. I'm doing something fancy to the walls in our bedroom so I'm just leaving it.

piratehooker
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM

post pictures when you're done!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM
That's all the stuff I had forgotten to really consider how time consuming they are.

I agree though, the painting part is not too bad when compared to all the prep work.

Quoting Stephd710:

Painting isnt so bad....its all the prep I HATE!!!  If I can just come in and slap paint on the walls, great!!!  Priming, taping, washing the walls, hole filling.  UGH!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Already in my uniform, lol.

Super mom to the rescue!!!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Good luck!  Time to tap into your Supermom powers!  And probably some coffee.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN