Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I gave him an ultimatum *what he said* **2nd UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies

Well i found out my husband was cheating and for the kids i agreed to try and work on our relationship and see if it can be selvaged.

I gave him an ultimatum tho (because of the trust issue) I told him he could either give me his password and relinquish his privacy (until he starts earning it back) or He can watch me walk out the door and out of his life.

(its not that i actually care about going through his stuff, I more wanted to see if he was willing to open up completely and not hide anything from me anymore)

What he said: as of right now he hasnt given me an answer on what he wants to do. hes at work at the moment. When i told him about the ultimatum he says im not hiding anything i told u everything so i dont see why u need the passwords.

*UPDATE* : Its 8:10pm here and my husband work closed at 6pm but hes still not home ... hope he doesnt plan on the doors being open! Plus we only live 10mins from his work.

**2nd UPDATE** well he got home at 8:46pm its now 1:04am When he got home we gave our kids baths and put them to bed so we could talk. He has relinquished all password and since our phone contract is up next week he wants us to get new #'s. Plus he wants to go to marriage counseling so we are looking at people to see starting monday.

PS: he was at his mothers talking to her and telling her how bad he fucked up and how he couldnt live without me or the kids. Hopefully all this will help and save our marriage.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:37 PM
Annnd he said???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:38 PM
So what did he do
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:39 PM

did you get the password?

shudderette
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I've been there.... and I wish I would have left him when I found out he cheated the first time because he did it again and again. The phrase "once a cheater always a cheater" turned out to be true for him.

Good luck to you.

Gabrielle1982
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:41 PM

That's a good idea.  I haven't read the book yet, but I'd like to.  It's called "Why I Stayed" by Gayle Haggard.  It might be a good read.  I saw her on Oprah some time back and she and her husband were discussing how he calls her when he leaves the house, when he's at the store, on his way home from the store and etc...because he understands that he has to earn her trust again.  What he did to her and his family was absolutely awful and disgusting but the beauty is in his wife's forgiveness.  I hope it works out for you two and your kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM

he said he doesnt understand why i need to have them when he has told me "everything"

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Men lie. Even with tbe passwords he will hide shit. Walk now. I went through it. Ended very badly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

Hubby has my passwords & I have his.  Not a big deal.

Ultimatums never really turn out well; sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I guess since ive always been so against divorce i really wanna try and make this work plus I dont want my kids growing up in a broken home

Quoting Anonymous:

Men lie. Even with tbe passwords he will hide shit. Walk now. I went through it. Ended very badly

GorgeousMom1986
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM
Just leave, hes lame. I would have asked mine to cancel his fb/email/whatever if he said that he told me everything so he shouldn't have to cancel it, then ok, fair enough Im gone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)