Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dad and I aren't getting along

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

When I met my boyfriend i knew he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with and I fell in love with him right away. A few months ago we found out we were expecting, we're young but we know how much we love each other and we know that we can get through anything.Latley though we haven't been getting a long with each other. We've been fighting over insurance, services that are going to help us once the babys born. I want to go on medicaid and get WIC services. I'm not working right now and hes making a good amount of money so he's supplying for the two of us, so I think he feels the need to control a lot of whats going on. I don't know how to stop this, I want a voice in my babys life too. I'm scared...

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
You should be scared. Love alone isn't enough to make a relationship last. You need to be able to communicate like mature, reasonable adults. You need to have a partnership, not a dictatorship where one person has all the control. Now look at what you have, and know it's not even close and isn't likely to change as long as he doesn't see a, problem with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stephiebugg
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand what the PP said, but I know when I was pregnant for my oldest, DH really wanted to step up as a man, and didn't want us to get help. He wanted to be the one to provide. I think it's a big instinctual thing for men.
You need to sit down and chat about it though. If you qualify for assistance, it certainly couldn't hurt  to apply.
You need to change this, it's not really what HE'S doing, so much as it is what you are NOT doing. You need to be the advocate for your baby. Speak up. It's your job as this child's mother to be the one to stand up for your kid and what your family needs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:26 PM
He doesn't want you to go on welfare and you want to?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM

WIC and medicaid is not welfare. Thats something compltly different

myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM
He feels he can support his family without help. What's wrong with that?
Just because you qualify doesn't mean you have to take it.
My husband feels the same way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM
WIC and Medicaid are forms of public assistance.

Quoting Anonymous:

WIC and medicaid is not welfare. Thats something compltly different

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN