Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i was an 8th grader when...

Posted by   + Show Post

i found a receipt for my christmas gift from Santa on my parent's dresser.  yup, they had me going for a looooong while.  i don't know how i made it through middle school without being teased about this, i guess they just thought i was joking or poking fun at little kids when i returned from the holiday break saying that Santa brought me what i had asked for.  lol.  i laugh super hard about it now, i even asked my sister how come she never filled me in when she found out or was told.  she said she didn't want to ruin it for me.  i even asked my parents and they were like 'Santa isn't real?!?!'  oh well, it didn't hurt me any believing a little longer than others.

when did you realize/told about Santa?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM
I snuck down the hallway as I kid because I heard noises. I saw my mom putting the gifts under the tree. I never said anything, I didn't want to ruin it for my little brother
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Santa is real.  I'm just one of his elves

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I was 6 or 7

amyleigh80
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I was about 10/11.....It sucked....But now that we have kids he can be real again! YAY!

epoh
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM
We never did the whole Santa gig.

My poor, broken imagination. Surely my parents ruined me because of the lack of Santy Claus.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM

It lasted until I was 3 and my cousin told me. I was pissed lol

kde216
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Oh man I was in 1st grade. I caught a glimpse of the news and saw children all over the world getting no presents. I ask my dad, "why do these kids have no presents if santa is suppose to deliver presents all around the world?" He was like well I guess it is time to tell you the truth.
arimaur
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM

my exact reason for having kids! lol jk.  but im very excited about the holidays to not only start our own little traditions but to see my babies light up with seeing christmas decorations and their gifts from santa (dd is 2 and ds is 6 months)

Quoting amyleigh80:

I was about 10/11.....It sucked....But now that we have kids he can be real again! YAY!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I was maybe seven or eight but I figured it out and kept my mouth closed for my brother

I almost blew it last year for my son because he found the wrapping paper! Smart kid told me we must get the paper to help Santa out because Santa isn't making much money and must have some kind of help! So I went with that! This year he's picking out his own wrapping paper and getting three extra rolls for Santa to bring to someone else's house to help out

Anyone need wrapping paper?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arimaur
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM

lol aw...maybe you can return the favor to your cousin's kids lol jk

Quoting funlovinlady:

It lasted until I was 3 and my cousin told me. I was pissed lol

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)