Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i was an 8th grader when...

Posted by   + Show Post

i found a receipt for my christmas gift from Santa on my parent's dresser.  yup, they had me going for a looooong while.  i don't know how i made it through middle school without being teased about this, i guess they just thought i was joking or poking fun at little kids when i returned from the holiday break saying that Santa brought me what i had asked for.  lol.  i laugh super hard about it now, i even asked my sister how come she never filled me in when she found out or was told.  she said she didn't want to ruin it for me.  i even asked my parents and they were like 'Santa isn't real?!?!'  oh well, it didn't hurt me any believing a little longer than others.

when did you realize/told about Santa?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
amyleigh80
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Do you have an elf on the shelf!

Quoting arimaur:

my exact reason for having kids! lol jk.  but im very excited about the holidays to not only start our own little traditions but to see my babies light up with seeing christmas decorations and their gifts from santa (dd is 2 and ds is 6 months)

Quoting amyleigh80:

I was about 10/11.....It sucked....But now that we have kids he can be real again! YAY!

arimaur
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM

close call!  ha, ive got my stash...i'll get back to you if we need any extra ;D

Quoting lilmoosesmom:

I was maybe seven or eight but I figured it out and kept my mouth closed for my brother

I almost blew it last year for my son because he found the wrapping paper! Smart kid told me we must get the paper to help Santa out because Santa isn't making much money and must have some kind of help! So I went with that! This year he's picking out his own wrapping paper and getting three extra rolls for Santa to bring to someone else's house to help out

Anyone need wrapping paper?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I was told the year my parents divorced. I was 6 years old. Mother had just finished beating on me for talking to the kid next door. I know I should of not talked to anyone but I was 6 years old doing adult chores. On that day I was sorting the trash. Mother wanted to see if the landlord had thrown any food out for me and my sister to eat. She screamed at me that Santa wasn't real and there wouldn't be any presents under the tree. She took and through the tree away and there was no presents that Christmas. We always had "pretend" Christmas there was a tree and gifts under the tree when family came over but once the holiday was over mother show us that the boxes with pretty paper were all empty.

I have helped my kids keep believing they are 12 and 14. They know that we buy presents but in their hearts they say Santa is real.

Quoting arimaur:

i found a receipt for my christmas gift from Santa on my parent's dresser.  yup, they had me going for a looooong while.  i don't know how i made it through middle school without being teased about this, i guess they just thought i was joking or poking fun at little kids when i returned from the holiday break saying that Santa brought me what i had asked for.  lol.  i laugh super hard about it now, i even asked my sister how come she never filled me in when she found out or was told.  she said she didn't want to ruin it for me.  i even asked my parents and they were like 'Santa isn't real?!?!'  oh well, it didn't hurt me any believing a little longer than others.

kyuteangl88
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:22 PM
Santa is real.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arimaur
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM

im glad to hear what you're doing for your kids :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was told the year my parents divorced. I was 6 years old. Mother had just finished beating on me for talking to the kid next door. I know I should of not talked to anyone but I was 6 years old doing adult chores. On that day I was sorting the trash. Mother wanted to see if the landlord had thrown any food out for me and my sister to eat. She screamed at me that Santa wasn't real and there wouldn't be any presents under the tree. She took and through the tree away and there was no presents that Christmas. We always had "pretend" Christmas there was a tree and gifts under the tree when family came over but once the holiday was over mother show us that the boxes with pretty paper were all empty.

I have helped my kids keep believing they are 12 and 14. They know that we buy presents but in their hearts they say Santa is real.

Quoting arimaur:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Famousglm714
by Gina on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Haha, this

Quoting sampson200:

In truth, I don't recall what age.

I think I was always a tad skeptical.

I DO recall getting curious, and going to my parent's closet and looking UP: saw that kick ass Barbie & The Rockers stage (I think I was in 5 or 6th grade) and thinking, "Man. Now I have to fake 'surprise'."

I don't recall being shocked about no-Santa.

I was more worried about being caught snooping and having to fake it. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I'll never forget, I was seven and in the 2nd. grade and the teacher just came out with it- There is no Santa! I went home and sat my mom down and we had a very serious talk. I don't know how she kept a straight face for that one, lol!

arimaur
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM

no.  is that one of you all's?

Quoting amyleigh80:

Do you have an elf on the shelf!

Quoting arimaur:

my exact reason for having kids! lol jk.  but im very excited about the holidays to not only start our own little traditions but to see my babies light up with seeing christmas decorations and their gifts from santa (dd is 2 and ds is 6 months)

Quoting amyleigh80:

I was about 10/11.....It sucked....But now that we have kids he can be real again! YAY!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

arimaur
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:25 PM

lol, serious talk!  oh man, im pretty sure she had a hard time keeping a straight face, i know i would lol.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I'll never forget, I was seven and in the 2nd. grade and the teacher just came out with it- There is no Santa! I went home and sat my mom down and we had a very serious talk. I don't know how she kept a straight face for that one, lol!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My brother ruined it for me when he was 9, by saying Santa wasn't real. My mom got back at him sooo well!! He asked for a new video game system and my mom told him we were too poor for it. Well, she found a way to get it but she wrapped it in completely different wrapping paper and said it was to the family, from Santa. When she opened it, she acted all surprised, like she had no clue where it came from! My brother's faith was restored, lol! (;
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN