Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i was an 8th grader when...

Posted by   + Show Post

i found a receipt for my christmas gift from Santa on my parent's dresser.  yup, they had me going for a looooong while.  i don't know how i made it through middle school without being teased about this, i guess they just thought i was joking or poking fun at little kids when i returned from the holiday break saying that Santa brought me what i had asked for.  lol.  i laugh super hard about it now, i even asked my sister how come she never filled me in when she found out or was told.  she said she didn't want to ruin it for me.  i even asked my parents and they were like 'Santa isn't real?!?!'  oh well, it didn't hurt me any believing a little longer than others.

when did you realize/told about Santa?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
evelynolivesmom
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM

I was very serious, darn it! My older brother was in the hallway snickering the whole time, lol. My mom did call the school and raised some hell though, a few parents did.

Quoting arimaur:

lol, serious talk!  oh man, im pretty sure she had a hard time keeping a straight face, i know i would lol.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I'll never forget, I was seven and in the 2nd. grade and the teacher just came out with it- There is no Santa! I went home and sat my mom down and we had a very serious talk. I don't know how she kept a straight face for that one, lol!

arimaur
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

shoooooot, i would have too!  what was that teacher thinking?! 

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I was very serious, darn it! My older brother was in the hallway snickering the whole time, lol. My mom did call the school and raised some hell though, a few parents did.

Quoting arimaur:

lol, serious talk!  oh man, im pretty sure she had a hard time keeping a straight face, i know i would lol.

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

I'll never forget, I was seven and in the 2nd. grade and the teacher just came out with it- There is no Santa! I went home and sat my mom down and we had a very serious talk. I don't know how she kept a straight face for that one, lol!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

CABZS
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:32 PM
It's magic:)

I miss being a kid sometimes!

Quoting Cbreland07:

I realized as a kid.. I was very logical and I only saw Santa on cartoons and cartoons weren't real so therefore Santa wasn't.. It also never made sense that he could visit every kid in one night

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilynAustin
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
layawatling
by Laya on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM
I don't remember....but I don't remember being upset
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:40 PM

i still believe.

mrsfitz05
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't have the teacher but I did something similar. "Mom, we need to talk." Apparently I told her that if it were just the man in the red suit, I might could go along with it but there is just "no way that I can buy that a bunny is hopping all over the world and logically if he isn't real then Santa must not be either." I was 7.

I think my mom was more disappointed than I was. But I think Santa is just about the magic and I'm all for that going as long as possible. There is so little beauty and innocence left in the world for kids now. 

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Quoting arimaur:

Quoting evelynolivesmom:

Bethany

'Never be ashamed of the indignities to which love may someday reduce you. Worry instead that you may never love so deeply as to risk the ridicule of your countrymen" Roger Elwood

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I started to question in sixth grade.  My mom finally sat down and talked it out with me.  I was heartbroken, but then had fun keeping the magic alive for my little sister.  So I was 12 when I found out and I definitely had to be told.

tyner_brylee
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:44 PM
My grandma told me when i was 5.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VarelaClan
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:47 PM
I was 9. My daughter was 10. I'm pretty sure my 9 year old son knows, but he hasn't flat out said it or asked. My daughter loves to help me Santa shop for her 3 younger brothers now. She's part of the secret and feels very important. I asked her if she was upset that we "lied" to her. She said no because it was fun. She still gets just as excited about Christmas eventhough she no longer believes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)