Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i was an 8th grader when...

Posted by   + Show Post

i found a receipt for my christmas gift from Santa on my parent's dresser.  yup, they had me going for a looooong while.  i don't know how i made it through middle school without being teased about this, i guess they just thought i was joking or poking fun at little kids when i returned from the holiday break saying that Santa brought me what i had asked for.  lol.  i laugh super hard about it now, i even asked my sister how come she never filled me in when she found out or was told.  she said she didn't want to ruin it for me.  i even asked my parents and they were like 'Santa isn't real?!?!'  oh well, it didn't hurt me any believing a little longer than others.

when did you realize/told about Santa?

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Replies (41-50):
teenmomto2
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Lol my sister was 14!!! I was in 4th grade when I found out. My sister has always been a little "ducks and bunnies and in my own world" kind of girl lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Misheldonann
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Me. I don't think I ever really believed. I also thought it was crazy how hard my ds took it when he found out otherwise. He was in the 4th grade.

Quoting Snapdragon88:

I don't remember ever really believing... no one ever made a fuss about it, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:53 PM

When i was very young.
I was a foster child and i didn't see Christmas the majority of the time.
My kids will believe as long as i can possibly have them to believe...

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I was told when I was 4, my parents could not afford anything for Christmas and didn't want me or my brother (6) to think it was because we were horrid kids. So far my kids still think there is a Santa (4 and 9).

cklamour
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I never believed in him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM
I was 5. I found the bike in the garage while paying hide and seek. On Christmas I got the bike labeled "from Santa". I never told my parents though and just played along.
KerryK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM
I think 5th grade or so? Don't remember exactly. It was actually easter that I figured it out though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ragdoll13
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I was 6.   The blizzard that hit the east coast in 1996 knocked our power out for a little over a week.  To keep warm my dad sectioned off the house so we were all sleeping in the dining room and living room.  Christmas night rolls around, my mom and dad had to be EXTREMELY quiet about puting the gifts out.  They would have had success but the learning laptop they had gotten me somehow turned on and woke me up.    My mom said "oh sh*t marvin, I think we just screwed up"   lol.  I pretended to still be asleep, but I knew there was no Santa after that.

1stpreggers
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM

my mom killed it when i was 4.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

in our family when you stop believing, you quit getting gifts fromhim...I am 46 and I still get a gift from Santa every year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)