Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Registered American Indians??

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 78 Replies
So I'm a registered American Indian of the chtimatchan tribe in Louisiana. Every year I get per capita payments and I'm never met anyone else that gets payments or knows they can. Are their any registered Indians on here that get their per capita payments??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM
My husband has a rolls card he is Cherokee. They don't get checks. Our old roommate when we lived in Oklahoma was also registered with his tribe (don't remember which) he did get a check every few months or so
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:26 PM

How much do you get?

I know someone who adopted several American Indian children and they get money...

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM
What is that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tears78
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM
My real father is Seneca Iroquois and my grandmother lived on a res. Never met my father.. Just found him on fb but scared to talk to him
I dont get anything

would I qualify
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM
No. My mother is half kickapoo, half navajo. Would she be able to register with either tribe?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:28 PM
no but wish my fam would find out about it. How close do you have to be 1/16th or and eight?
lacyleanne
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a choctaw card in oklahoma, but I don't get payments. I get college paid for and medical and some other things but no payments. My moms ex is choctaw too and he gets a check every month for rent but that's because he doesn't have a job.

Also, I'm getting a $300 clothing allowance next semester for getting good grades.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM
It varies from year to year.. Normally it's around 1500.. It used to be more though. When I turned 18 I had a bank account with 50000 in it ;). I was immature and had lived a very sheltered life though so I went crazy with it.. Oh how I miss that money!!

Quoting Anonymous:

How much do you get?

I know someone who adopted several American Indian children and they get money...

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Different tribes stop at different percentages.. Mine is 1/16

Quoting Anonymous:

no but wish my fam would find out about it. How close do you have to be 1/16th or and eight?

supermama322
by Kaylee on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM

We're Canadian so it works a little differently here I think. My husband is a Status Indian and the only payments we know of are a 5$/year payment from the RCMP. He's never collected on it so they owe him like 150$ LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)