Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Registered American Indians??

Posted by   + Show Post
So I'm a registered American Indian of the chtimatchan tribe in Louisiana. Every year I get per capita payments and I'm never met anyone else that gets payments or knows they can. Are their any registered Indians on here that get their per capita payments??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Replies (71-78):
lacyleanne
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

When I lived there I went to Talihina, drove from Antlers. My mom still goes to Talihina.

Quoting MrS.ACosTa190:

I also have a card, do you go to talihina hospital or idabel?

Quoting lacyleanne:

I have a choctaw card in oklahoma, but I don't get payments. I get college paid for and medical and some other things but no payments. My moms ex is choctaw too and he gets a check every month for rent but that's because he doesn't have a job.

Also, I'm getting a $300 clothing allowance next semester for getting good grades.

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Yaqui are bad ass. Have you read the book, Aztec by Gary Jennings? He describes the original tribe from the point of view of an Aztec during the Spanish Invasion around 1500 A.D.

Quoting babymama8787:

im native american yauqi, i was adopted and they said i was mexican.. i found my birth mother and she is full yauqi and my dad was half. im looking into trying to get registered

rvb146
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM
My son is 1/16 Turtle Mt. I haven't and probably won't register him. If he was 1/2 I probably would but I don't think its fair to register him plus I think this tribe cuts off after 1/16.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM
My kids are registered at 1/8th.. Most will pay for colleg which is the only reason I bothered registering them. With my tribe they could go to any college they want and everything be paid for

Quoting rvb146:

My son is 1/16 Turtle Mt. I haven't and probably won't register him. If he was 1/2 I probably would but I don't think its fair to register him plus I think this tribe cuts off after 1/16.

MrS.ACosTa190
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Very cool.... its a small world :)

Quoting lacyleanne:

When I lived there I went to Talihina, drove from Antlers. My mom still goes to Talihina.

Quoting MrS.ACosTa190:

I also have a card, do you go to talihina hospital or idabel?

Quoting lacyleanne:

I have a choctaw card in oklahoma, but I don't get payments. I get college paid for and medical and some other things but no payments. My moms ex is choctaw too and he gets a check every month for rent but that's because he doesn't have a job.

Also, I'm getting a $300 clothing allowance next semester for getting good grades.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

My dad is half Cherokee. We just recently found out about the college program. My brother got a check for college. He will get one every semester. I guess we should see what else we are entitled to.

babymama8787
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i havent but i will now!! :)

Quoting Sanctimommy:

Yaqui are bad ass. Have you read the book, Aztec by Gary Jennings? He describes the original tribe from the point of view of an Aztec during the Spanish Invasion around 1500 A.D.

Quoting babymama8787:

im native american yauqi, i was adopted and they said i was mexican.. i found my birth mother and she is full yauqi and my dad was half. im looking into trying to get registered

CafeMom Tickers

jesusismyfriend
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM
How do you register? I am Shawnee. I cannot figure out how.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)