Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I believe the end of the world is coming, ask me anything

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My family is moving into the quiet mountains of Utah in order to get away from this hell hole we call Corporate America. We've stocked our food and supplies and are just going to try to be as safe as possible when the shit goes down.

Ask me anything.

update: When I say "end of the world" I don't mean nuclear war, I mean civil war that slowly degrades soceity like a festering blister. It will slowly end due to civil war, economic collapse and possible state secession. No, I do not believe in 2012 or any Mayan predictions. 

The main reason we are moving is to be independent and free from the corporate big wigs. We want to have land, safety, peace and freedom. We will be in a tiny town at the BASE of a mountain. Our children will attend a normal school until the crap hits the fan, at which point they will be homeschooled. We need a break from society, even if we're wrong and the world doesn't collapse. But if it does, society will have to start all over and we want ahead of the game with plenty of food, water, wood and supplies. Our forefathers would be turning over in their graves if they saw the state of America today.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this

We have cell phones, antennae based tv and dial up computer in our new place. We're moving in December. If nothing happens, that's fine too. The point is not to AVOID the end of the world, but just to know that some crazy shit is about to go down and we'd like to not be a part of it as much as possible. It's mostly about getting out of the american corporate rat race. No...we have  a five bedroom cabin in the mountains. We are buying the property from a friend who is our current landlord.

Quoting supermama322:

If nothing happens.. How will you know? I'm assuming you'll be cut off with no TV, phones or radios?

If nothing happens and you do know.. Will you stay in the mountains or go back to where you came from?

Where in the mountains? Like in a tent? Did you buy property? Build a cabin?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM
I hate to break this to ya... But Utah is in America.
TheMrs407
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm work for yourself...isn't that what most coperations started out doing?

Quoting Anonymous:

It is. But the town we are moving to is small enough to be off of the radar. We just want to be out of CORPORATE America, not the country. We work for ourselves. We left corporate jobs to do this.

Quoting Anonymous:

Isn't Utah in America? I'm confused how does that get you away from here?

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

you wont have interwebs in the mountains :<

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Because you can't have guns in Canada and Sweden won't take us. China is too communist and Russia is falling the hell apart. Where else would we go? We aren't unpatriotic. We just hate corporate america and all it represents.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you think America is a Hell hole why do you stay here?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM
2 moms liked this

What psych unit are you living at right now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM

The cabin is located at the BASE of the mountain. It does have internet.

Quoting zomgkerrie:

you wont have interwebs in the mountains :<

kellymarie323
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
The zombies??? Lmao!

Quoting smalltownmom03:

If the end of the world is coming what do you need the food for?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRi
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Oh you mean the jail? It's called corporate america. But we are getting out soon! lol

Quoting Anonymous:

What psych unit are you living at right now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured