Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I believe the end of the world is coming, ask me anything

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My family is moving into the quiet mountains of Utah in order to get away from this hell hole we call Corporate America. We've stocked our food and supplies and are just going to try to be as safe as possible when the shit goes down.

Ask me anything.

update: When I say "end of the world" I don't mean nuclear war, I mean civil war that slowly degrades soceity like a festering blister. It will slowly end due to civil war, economic collapse and possible state secession. No, I do not believe in 2012 or any Mayan predictions. 

The main reason we are moving is to be independent and free from the corporate big wigs. We want to have land, safety, peace and freedom. We will be in a tiny town at the BASE of a mountain. Our children will attend a normal school until the crap hits the fan, at which point they will be homeschooled. We need a break from society, even if we're wrong and the world doesn't collapse. But if it does, society will have to start all over and we want ahead of the game with plenty of food, water, wood and supplies. Our forefathers would be turning over in their graves if they saw the state of America today.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Replies (341-347):
MomsJrHaxs
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:31 PM

That's why you prepare for looters and marauders, by arming yourself with any type of weaponry, security systems, attack dogs, etc. I agree with op, and if your a prepper than you try to cover any and all bases. 

Quoting Matriarch87:

How long do you think people can go without supplies before they become savages.  There would be massive looting and mobs in the cities.  If you are prepared your shit will be stolen.

Quoting Anonymous:

While I'm all for preparing for a disaster, how exactly will Utah, the mountains, or being away from the rat race save you if the world ends?

JustCJ
by ~yeerp~ on Nov. 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM
I already live in a town off the radar. I'm not prepared though. I agree with you so honestly I should start prepping.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Redwall
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! I do believe the US is sinking.  We have so much stuff saved, we could use another house!

Legaltype
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Well in that case at least pick Washington or Oregon where marijuana is legal. You can entertain yourself if you get bored out of your mind (lol).

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't understand. Or maybe you did not read my post. We WANT to live this way. We do not enjoy corporate america. We want to get out of mainstream society, and not because the world may end, that is just for preparation.

Quoting Legaltype:

I agree with you about the state of today's society. But I'm also one of those people that I'm not going to let others dictate how I live my life. There's no way in hell that I'm going to sell everything I have and move to bumfk egypt to live off the land unless it's an absolute necessity. You don't think small towns have problems? I don't care where you move, if there are people there then there will be problems. It may not be the same type of problems that you deal with where you are now, but still problems. What you need to do is stand up for yourself, live your life the way you want, and quit letting other people's actions affect your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:20 AM

LOLOL we're not easily bored. All that hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, etc. Who could really get bored with so many resources?

Quoting Legaltype:

Well in that case at least pick Washington or Oregon where marijuana is legal. You can entertain yourself if you get bored out of your mind (lol).

Quoting Anonymous:

You don't understand. Or maybe you did not read my post. We WANT to live this way. We do not enjoy corporate america. We want to get out of mainstream society, and not because the world may end, that is just for preparation.

Quoting Legaltype:

I agree with you about the state of today's society. But I'm also one of those people that I'm not going to let others dictate how I live my life. There's no way in hell that I'm going to sell everything I have and move to bumfk egypt to live off the land unless it's an absolute necessity. You don't think small towns have problems? I don't care where you move, if there are people there then there will be problems. It may not be the same type of problems that you deal with where you are now, but still problems. What you need to do is stand up for yourself, live your life the way you want, and quit letting other people's actions affect your life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Dec. 5, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN