Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you say?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Hi ladies, I have a friend at work who started living with us a month ago, she needed a place to go since her and her 2 kids were being evicted (single mom, couldn't afford rent for 2 mo.s because she had to fix her car), so we gladly took her in. One day we were discussing family and I told her how many siblings I have, told her about them and when I got to one of my brothers, he ears perked up. He is a single dad to 2 kids, but doesn't have a job, he's got a whole set of problems, can't hold down a job, has a 3rd grade reading level, pathological liar, unhygeinic, doesn't even have a car, the list goes on. He really needs to concentrate on himself and his kids tho, that's for sure. Well, I just found out last night that they were skyping, they've been talking via facebook for a while now, but I just found out yesterday. I warned my friend about him but she still seems interested. I really don't want her to get hurt by him, or vice versa. I love them both, but there's something I find very wrong here. I'm technically not suppose to know, DH found out everything from her (I was at work when she was skyping him) and she asked that he not tell me since she knows I told her off the bat it wouldn't be a good idea to talk to him. So now I partly feel betrayed and lied to because she told me she wouldn't talk to him, and he never said anything to me about it.

I moved states a while ago and I finally landed a job 6 months ago and I formed a friendship with her, she was my first and still one of my only friends here. I don't want this to hurt our friendship and I am trying not to kill my brother at this point. Its much more complicated than it sounds. So, what would you say to them? Thanks if anyone can help! :-)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
slvr115
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Did you tell her all those things about your brother that you just posted? I can't see anyone pursuing a guy like that...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Stay out of it. Make sure both know, if something happens between them you will not be dragged in the middle.

mary841108
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Quoting slvr115:

Did you tell her all those things about your brother that you just posted? I can't see anyone pursuing a guy like that...

This. I certainly wouldnt want to be with someone like that. no offense to you or your brother. i have pretty high standards though and showering is one of them.

RobinBright
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Stay out of it, they are adults and it's not your business.
luvmyaustin
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM

you warned her that's all you can do.

beerabitch69
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 4:17 PM
She has to learn for herself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured