Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's legal, but is it morally wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

My father has been married four times now. His third marriage was to a woman who had custody of her two sons. They were 13 and 18 at the time. I was 13/14 during the marriage. I'd spend my weekends with my father and hang out with my step-brothers. 

They divorced and have been divorced for several years, now. My ex step-brother (the older one) said that he used to have a crush on me (Before you go bashing and calling him a pedophile, I DID look very, very old for my age. I appeared to be at LEAST 17). Nothing sexual or even flirty ever happened between us. Ever.

Now fast forward to now. I'm 23, he's 28, 29ish. I forgot his birthday. We are all friends on FB, and I can't help but be extremely attracted to him. Not necessarily physically, because really he's not my type in lots of ways, but he has the same exact humor as I and we just seem to, IDK "click" if you will. I feel stronger and stronger about it daily. We don't live in the same state, but I really just feel like we're... I don't know... soulmates. What if our parents married just so we could meet? 

Thoughts?

ETA: We both have SO's but neither of us is married. We don't talk privately, so there is no emotional affair happening. He messaged me several months ago to catch up after several years and he told me how he felt- that was it. I didn't hint to him about any of my feelings and I never have. I'm not sure if I ever will.

For the record, my relationship is shit right now. We don't even have sex.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Yikes. hve fun with that.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM
5 moms liked this

Are you single?  Is he single?  Then, why not?

You are not blood relations, so it really doesn't matter what the step-relationships were.  

cara124
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM
There's no legal reason you can be toghether . & it doesn't sound like you were raised together so go for it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UgtaBkdnMe
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:58 PM

no relation, no problem

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Neither of us is single- which is what sucks hard... but ever since he told me that he had feelings for me all the way into adulthood without even seeing me, I have started seeing and feeling differently.

Quoting TranquilMind:

You are not blood relations, so it really doesn't matter what the step-relationships were.  

GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I have to agree with this. You guys were into your teens when you became step sibs. It is not like you two were raised together.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM
More fucked up things happen. Its been years, i dont see a problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Lol sounds a bit like teen mom- catlyn and tyler...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
This.

Quoting cara124:

There's no legal reason you can be toghether . & it doesn't sound like you were raised together so go for it

MaileysMommy
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Quoting cara124:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)