Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you say something if someone is rude to your children?

Posted by   + Show Post
We were picking up our turkey today and standing in front of the meat counter. My 10 year old wanted to feel how heavy the turkey was so he went to the side of the cart to try and lift it.

We didn't see her coming, but a lady came up needing to get by. It would have been no big deal. The place was packed and there was little room to maneuver.

My son would have gladly got out of her way if he had seen her. Our first indication of her was her pushing her cart up to him very quickly and closely and rudely saying, "Watch out!"

It seriously pissed me off. Just because he is a kid doesn't make it okay for her to be rude. I looked up at her and said, "'Excuse me' would have been nicer words to use."

Why do people get so mean during the holidays?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be nice about it. No one is rude to my kids and gets away with it.
jyofray
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I would with out a doubt say something. I had an elderly woman say something that actually broke my heart and with no hesitation I got in her face in rage. I have an autistic seven year old. He is severe on the spectrum and we proudly wear Tshirts like "if you keep staring you just might cure my Autism" and " I have Autism, what's your excuse". That kinda thing. Long story short we were in the check out line and she said pretty loudly " aawe look she's proud of her retard". Needless to say I let my anger get the best of me but I think people definitely need to be aware that these are our CHILDREN... smh rude jerks smh

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I would have done the same thing honey. Sometimes adults need to be called out on their bad behavior.
bxmom2580
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM
To answer the question, one day I went into a corner store to get a coffee before my sons appointment and as we were going in, my then 4 yr old son brushed by this lady that was standing near the entrance. She came out nasty to my baby, and I jumped up in that bitches face real quick, shit, I almost yanked my own wig off my head so I could beat her ass on some Jerry springer shit for real, nobody is going to talk to my baby like that, especially not at 4yrs old
momwith2monkeys
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM

i would have look at her and said you need to watch out and you  don't have to be such a bitch. But i am open like that, i can't stand it when people are rude, especially to my children.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM
I was at K-mart and ds was standing on the opposite side of the aisle from me. Two teens, one in the buggy and one pushing it, came around the corner like a bat out of hell and screamed at him to get the fuck out of the way. They hadn't noticed me standing there so when I loudly asked them where their damn parents were they apologized and quickly left. I felt like following them to their parent and letting them know but honestly I didn't figure it would do much good. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:18 PM
Yes.

Well they didn't say anything... but on Halloween I was fixing dds dress by my moms SUV. (Like right beside it.) Well there was a parked car 2 feet from me. This group of teenagers (between 14-17) came running and screaming. And they had the whole lot to run in but no... the go in-between the ONLY 2 cars.

I was already pissed that night because a kid tried to trip DD on purpose (she just turned 3 last week). So the group runs through the 2 cars and pushes my DD. My DD hits the side of the SUV with her head. I stand up and turn to the kids, cover my dds ears and yell 'are you FUCKING SERIOUS? ALLLLLL this room and you PUSH a 3 YEAR OLD. REALLY?' I tend to DD as they stare at me. Dh comes out of the SUV (he was on the other side). He asks what happened and the group is standing there just whispering to each other so I say 'OH YOU KNOW, JUST A BUNCH OF RUDE KIDS THINKING PUSHING A 3 YEAR OLD IS FUNNY.' Dh looks at them and just shakes his head.

That night sucked :( I was not a happy mommy.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Yeah I would have said something.

JjcH0911
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Oh yeah, i would have said something!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Damned right, I would've said something along the lines of what you said, but I would've added to ds how proud I am for having more manners than "some people".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN