Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you say something if someone is rude to your children?

Posted by   + Show Post
We were picking up our turkey today and standing in front of the meat counter. My 10 year old wanted to feel how heavy the turkey was so he went to the side of the cart to try and lift it.

We didn't see her coming, but a lady came up needing to get by. It would have been no big deal. The place was packed and there was little room to maneuver.

My son would have gladly got out of her way if he had seen her. Our first indication of her was her pushing her cart up to him very quickly and closely and rudely saying, "Watch out!"

It seriously pissed me off. Just because he is a kid doesn't make it okay for her to be rude. I looked up at her and said, "'Excuse me' would have been nicer words to use."

Why do people get so mean during the holidays?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I've been known to loudly say to my kids, "Some people don't have any manners...jeesh".  ;)

MrsRinehart2010
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:21 PM

see im not as nice of you I would have been like excuse me I know your not talking to my child lol.

An it wouldnt be the first time Ive said somethign to rude people.

We were at meijer an my daughter who was 3 at the time was looking at  movies at a movie she wanted an then  some guy just cuts right in between the dvds an my daughter . It was very clear she was looking at the movies she  was crouched down an real close to them looking. he about took my daughter out. I was like excuse me , you could have went around or atleast said exscuse me. he just looked at me like Iw as crazy but it made me mad.

momwith2monkeys
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM

OH HELL NO! I  would have smacked that bitch.I would then have said now i am proud that smack your stupid ass you fucking bitch.

Quoting jyofray:

I would with out a doubt say something. I had an elderly woman say something that actually broke my heart and with no hesitation I got in her face in rage. I have an autistic seven year old. He is severe on the spectrum and we proudly wear Tshirts like "if you keep staring you just might cure my Autism" and " I have Autism, what's your excuse". That kinda thing. Long story short we were in the check out line and she said pretty loudly " aawe look she's proud of her retard". Needless to say I let my anger get the best of me but I think people definitely need to be aware that these are our CHILDREN... smh rude jerks smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

OH HELL NO i hope you tore her to shreds! i really really do

i have 2 little brothers with autism and i used to fight kids in the park for teasing them, they used to throw rocks at us and chase my brothers and yell at them and threaten until the couldnt breathe..

my parents never caught the little buggers but our big army dude neighbor did, we had no trouble after that.

Quoting jyofray:

I would with out a doubt say something. I had an elderly woman say something that actually broke my heart and with no hesitation I got in her face in rage. I have an autistic seven year old. He is severe on the spectrum and we proudly wear Tshirts like "if you keep staring you just might cure my Autism" and " I have Autism, what's your excuse". That kinda thing. Long story short we were in the check out line and she said pretty loudly " aawe look she's proud of her retard". Needless to say I let my anger get the best of me but I think people definitely need to be aware that these are our CHILDREN... smh rude jerks smh

Louisianamom88
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM
Yes I would've said something also.

I snapped a few months ago because my MIL's husband called my 6 year old son a "pussy" because he tripped and started whining about it, and I was hugging him.
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I may have went to jail that day.

Quoting jyofray:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM
During the holidays I always take a big deep breath when I walk into a store and its crowded. I did that yesterday, at Walmart no less. Was having a good little shopping trip until a lady riding a cart that had two kids following kept getting in my way. I normally give people in wheelchairs and on carts room, my mom has a motorized chair I understand, and know they take up more room, but I politely said excuse me to her kids in 3 seperate isles before I started getting frustrated that they would look at me coming then still be in the way. But I do have to say my son always has a hand on the cart, I don't care if someone wants to squeeze through my son will not let go of the cart to get out of your way.
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

We where at a Holloween parade standing on the sidewalk behind the first row of people.  The people in the parade where throwing candy and some where walking up to the kids handing them candy.  The kids in front of us where running into the street mine where not allwed, I told them to stay on the sidewalk (we left early last year because they both ran intot he street so they knew not to do that this year).  When the other peoples kids ran into the street my daughter stepped foreward to get the candy that was being handed out the mother looks at my daughter and say "get back! you are standing right where my daughter was sitting"  I looked at her and said "you don't have to be so mean, the word please goes a long way" Everyone around me was shocked that I said anything back.  One women said I should have punched her in the face lol  I do not keep my mouth shut

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I have a feeling she would have been just as rude to an adult
MJNMADDYSMOMMY
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I always say something back, I teach my children manners & to be polite to everyone its a shame strangers think they can treat children like 2nd class citizens. Smdh
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)