Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you say something if someone is rude to your children?

Posted by   + Show Post
We were picking up our turkey today and standing in front of the meat counter. My 10 year old wanted to feel how heavy the turkey was so he went to the side of the cart to try and lift it.

We didn't see her coming, but a lady came up needing to get by. It would have been no big deal. The place was packed and there was little room to maneuver.

My son would have gladly got out of her way if he had seen her. Our first indication of her was her pushing her cart up to him very quickly and closely and rudely saying, "Watch out!"

It seriously pissed me off. Just because he is a kid doesn't make it okay for her to be rude. I looked up at her and said, "'Excuse me' would have been nicer words to use."

Why do people get so mean during the holidays?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (31-40):
Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:31 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM
I always say maybe you should try excuse me. And let them know that cart better not touch me dd. I'm not nice when it comes to defending my girls.
TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM
I don't know, she avoided me like the plague when I said something...lol. She didn't say anything back.

Quoting Shermy:

I have a feeling she would have been just as rude to an adult
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM
It sounds like she's the type to pick on people below her level but can't hold up when a contemporary challenges her.

You were nicer than I would have been.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't know, she avoided me like the plague when I said something...lol. She didn't say anything back.

Quoting Shermy:

I have a feeling she would have been just as rude to an adult

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I would have said, "Don't you mean excuse me, Bitch!", but I have a nasty mouth....it's a personality flaw :)

Sarah_Moore
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM
yes. i recently had to take up for my son at our church because of one of the ladies there said something rude to him when he did nothing wrong. i felt bad because she is my elder and i respect my elders but she just got to me that night. i told her that he did nothing wrong and if he had its not her place to correct him, she is to tell me bc i am his mother, not her. She apologized to my son and me and now we're over it apparently bc we still talk. I think she likes that i stood up for my son actually, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irenesmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

whenever someone is rude I just explain to dd that perhaps they are having a bad day, and don't take it personal stuff like that. It hasn't happened very often and when it does it's usually kids a little older than her rarely ever adults.

Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:40 PM
I don't know. I live a mile from the mall here, and I hate driving my kids to school during the holidays. People are nuts. It's a good day if I only get the finger once.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Idk but if my kid notices then I say something. If they've already moved on I say very loudly, some people are so rude (insert child's name) you would never act like that would you? They're horrible, how embarrassing hu? So old and still never learned manners. 

livelaughlov26
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Idk. I hate when people are rude to kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN