Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you say something if someone is rude to your children?

Posted by   + Show Post
We were picking up our turkey today and standing in front of the meat counter. My 10 year old wanted to feel how heavy the turkey was so he went to the side of the cart to try and lift it.

We didn't see her coming, but a lady came up needing to get by. It would have been no big deal. The place was packed and there was little room to maneuver.

My son would have gladly got out of her way if he had seen her. Our first indication of her was her pushing her cart up to him very quickly and closely and rudely saying, "Watch out!"

It seriously pissed me off. Just because he is a kid doesn't make it okay for her to be rude. I looked up at her and said, "'Excuse me' would have been nicer words to use."

Why do people get so mean during the holidays?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (41-50):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I laughed at that last line.

Quoting Momof5kids84:

I don't know. I live a mile from the mall here, and I hate driving my kids to school during the holidays. People are nuts. It's a good day if I only get the finger once.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NCISfan2003
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Yep, in fact I chased a guy down in the parking lot at the store the other day. I took all my daycare kid to the store on a field trip. We were standing in the front of the store getting coats on to leave and this guy came up and told the kids to get the f*** out of his way and he nudged one of them. My 2 helpers and about 15 other people saw him. I went after him and lit into his ass.  He was very  apologetic when I was done. LOL this lady that as loading her groceries into her car said she wouldn't want to be on my bad side.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I would have said something. A few months ago a guy bumped my son with his cart then snapped at him to watch where he was going. Poor kid wasn't even moving, he was looking at a display and deciding what to buy, and he gave me such a sad look thinking he had done something wrong. I went all mama bear on that guy. You hit my kid and blame him then prepare for a through tongue lashing.
Mommy2b2324
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:45 PM
I am not one to sugarcoat or hold my tongue so yes I would of said something but a lot nastier than what you said.
Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I think your correction was very appropriate!

Yes, I do, if I think of it and have enough time.

kaddiefrass
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM
I would have responded the same way.
Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Quoting jyofray:

I would with out a doubt say something. I had an elderly woman say something that actually broke my heart and with no hesitation I got in her face in rage. I have an autistic seven year old. He is severe on the spectrum and we proudly wear Tshirts like "if you keep staring you just might cure my Autism" and " I have Autism, what's your excuse". That kinda thing. Long story short we were in the check out line and she said pretty loudly " aawe look she's proud of her retard". Needless to say I let my anger get the best of me but I think people definitely need to be aware that these are our CHILDREN... smh rude jerks smh

If I was there, I would've smacked her!  My nephew has asbergers, and the r word just irrates me in general.  What did you say to her?

sparklebug86
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I agree, I am very protective of my children

Beagle321
by Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I think you guys waste far too much energy being angry over nothing. What the woman in the OP's post said was minor and not worthy of comment or hurt feelings. Life is so much more pleasant when you don't sweat the small stuff.
Breamarkable
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM
I had stayed with my mother and her ex-boyfriend for a short bit last year, my oldest son had come to visit for Christmas, he'd been informed that he is Autistic, one night, at dinner my oldest was talking up a storm about Legos, my mom's ex said, "Children are better seen than heard." I quickly retorted with, "And some people shouldn't talk at all, especially if they don't have the common courtesy to shower more than once a month."
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)