Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously? She's 3! Why Isn't She Potty Trained, Slacker?

Now that I got your attention......lol

I'm potty training my 3 year old. I make sure she gets lots of fluids through out the day, etc, etc....but it's almost like she's holding her pee.

Is that normal? I seems like my now 8 year old just took to the potty like a boss, so I don't remember this happening.

We've been training for 3 days and so far, she's kicking ass and taking names. I've only had to change her one time today and that was my fault (I was using the bathroom and didn't get up fast enough). But any tips?

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I always liked sticker reward charts.

wittyscreenname
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Does she like pennies? Mine does, so I give her pennies when she goes.

Quoting outtamymynd:

I'm having the same issue. NOTHING is working with her. My other three had no issues. I don't know what to do.

Check out my blog The Mommy Chronicles
Like us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @MomyChronicles

wittyscreenname
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM

That's awesome! Night time is kinda stressing me out. lol

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Honestly IDK. My DD pretty much potty trained herself. People do tell me that I lie when I say that DD was completely potty trained (even at night) by the time she was 3.5.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Lol...ok

My son wasn't potty trained till he was 4. Before that, he would just hold it forever. To the point where his tummy was hurting him. That's just asking for problems (uti's and bowel obstructions for example).

Then one day he decided to use the potty, and we have had exactly one accident but that was the preschool teachers fault.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no excuse for a 3 year old to not be potty trained, unless they have some sort of other issue.

Take her diapers off and that's it. If she has an accident, have her clean it up. She is old enough now that there is no reason for her not to potty trained.

ladyraven16
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM
My youngest was like that mama. He turned 3 last January. I was so sick if it that a week before his birthday I told him that he wouldn't turn 3 or get cake or presents if he didn't start using the potty. He did it the next day and we've never looked back lol.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

My girl will be 3 in january. She holds it too. She sat there and cried and begged for a diaper for 6 1/2 hours the last time we tried. When I finally gave in and gave her a potty, she peed all at once and then pooped. 

I'm ready to give up.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittyscreenname
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thanks! Didn't know such a group existed.

Quoting layawatling:

Join the potty training group...those women have tons of tips!

Check out my blog The Mommy Chronicles
Like us on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter @MomyChronicles

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Tried it! Made a big hoorah and all. She has undies, a cute potty seat and all she does is sit. Multiple times a day she'll sit but does nothing lol.

Quoting AshleyMommi:

Check out my other reply :)

Sit her down, tell her no more diapers, let her pick out big girl undies. Then every single time do a HUGE - and I mean HUGE - "Yay you went potty dance".

Quoting outtamymynd:

I'm having the same issue. NOTHING is working with her. My other three had no issues. I don't know what to do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toxic.Stardust
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Troll

Quoting Anonymous:

There is no excuse for a 3 year old to not be potty trained, unless they have some sort of other issue.

Take her diapers off and that's it. If she has an accident, have her clean it up. She is old enough now that there is no reason for her not to potty trained.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM
You are a douchebag. Bet your kid will end up in Counsoling with mommy issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

wittyscreenname
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Thanks. I have heard horror stories about people rushing their kids and I just didn't want to do that.

Quoting cueballsmom:

I rushed my girls. the single most horrible choice I made in motherhood. I just got my 8 ( yes eight) year old to stop wetting the bed this last summer. my son, I am letting him do it his way. he is three, to be four in may, and he is EXCITED to go potty! my girls never were.

just keep on what you are doing, you are doing it RIGHT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)