Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do round ligament pains feel like? *17.4 weeks pregnant*

Posted by   + Show Post

I feel a constant pressure in my "pubic" area and above that. Sometimes sharp pains, mostly dull cramping. It feels WEIRD. It's been more predominant for a week now. I hate that I can't really describe the feeling.... The area is hard though. I'm pregnant with a boy, and when I went to the E.R last week they said he was sitting low in my uterus? 

**FIRST pregnancy, I'm nervous & a bit confused**

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
kblossom20
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM

17 weeks, 4 days.

Quoting phantomphan:

you mean weeks?

kblossom20
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM

So, is that the same as "round ligament" Sorry if that's a dumb question. Lol

Quoting LectioDivina:

kind of sounds like your uterus stretching

kjfamily
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM
You had days then edited.

Quoting kblossom20:

What's funny about keeping track of the days? It's my first pregnancy after all (;

Quoting kjfamily:

17.4 lol ..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof5kids84
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Yes. I have it super bad with every pregnancy. You can try taking Tylenol or maybe the doctor can give you something stronger.

Quoting kblossom20:

YESSSS! And it scared me! It hurts when I need to get out of bed during the night to go pee, and I feel a heaviness in that area when I sit up from the toilet after going pee. *Sorry if that's tmi* Does that all sound normal? Are those "round ligament pains"??

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Yes, dull aching and sometimes sharp shooting pains. That's it. If you sit too long is it hard to stand up?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kblossom20
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:35 PM

And your point is.....? It was a typo. Go crawl back under your bridge :)

Quoting kjfamily:

Quoting kblossom20:

What's funny about keeping track of the days? It's my first pregnancy after all (;

Quoting kjfamily:

17.4 lol ..

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Sharp, pulling pains
LectioDivina

sort of, but not really... the round ligaments are "connectors" so they hurt when stretched, then your uterus is another organ that hurts when stretched also... same area, but different "meaty parts"

Quoting kblossom20:

Quoting LectioDivina:

kblossom20

I don't like taking any meds while pregnant, aside from the zofran I'm prescribed. I can't hold down food without it. Why would the round ligament pains have gotten worse in just the past week? I don't get that..... 0.0

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Yes. I have it super bad with every pregnancy. You can try taking Tylenol or maybe the doctor can give you something stronger.

Quoting kblossom20:

YESSSS! And it scared me! It hurts when I need to get out of bed during the night to go pee, and I feel a heaviness in that area when I sit up from the toilet after going pee. *Sorry if that's tmi* Does that all sound normal? Are those "round ligament pains"??

Quoting Momof5kids84:

Yes, dull aching and sometimes sharp shooting pains. That's it. If you sit too long is it hard to stand up?

kblossom20
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I gotcha. It also feels as though I've done a workout in that area. Idk, it's just weird. 

Quoting LectioDivina:

sort of, but not really... the round ligaments are "connectors" so they hurt when stretched, then your uterus is another organ that hurts when stretched also... same area, but different "meaty parts"

Quoting kblossom20:

Quoting LectioDivina:

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Wow, I bet you are fun to hang out with. When people make silly mistakes, it is funny. People laugh. No biggie. Laugh with them. You will live longer.

If you don't see why saying that someone is 17.4 days pregnant is funny, your sense of humor is broken.

Quoting kblossom20:

And your point is.....? It was a typo. Go crawl back under your bridge :)

Quoting kjfamily:

Quoting kblossom20:

Quoting kjfamily:

17.4 lol ..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)