Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE HAD KIDS!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
3 moms liked this
I've noticed an asinine trend on here lately with the holidays approaching.

If someone posts/comments about not being able to afford ANYTHING for their kids, they shouldn't have had kids they can't provide for.
What about all the families that had great incomes and someone lost their job? Downsizing is a real thing. This family may have had a $100,000-$200,000 income that is suddenly $12,000-$50,000..thats not easy for most to come back from.

Think before you say somthing insensitive and stupid!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:27 PM
3 moms liked this
The 'you shouldn't have had kids argument' is ridiculous.
Yeah, I'll get right in my time machine and change things.
FL2AK
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:28 PM
7 moms liked this

Stick around for a few years and you will see some of the same people post year after year that they need help.  

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I only think that when people are already clearly struggling and plan another child.   I don't think that's responsible.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
It really pisses me off. How can a mother tell another mother she shouldn't have had kids?

Quoting Anonymous:

The 'you shouldn't have had kids argument' is ridiculous.

Yeah, I'll get right in my time machine and change things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Some of them, not all, may be stuck in a welfare loop, that started when the economy came down, it's not always easy to get out of it.
If your not doing anything to better yourself and choosing to stay struggling, I agree you shouldn't have more, but to say that to another mom is..sick

Quoting FL2AK:

Stick around for a few years and you will see some of the same people post year after year that they need help.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM
No, it's not responsible. But I don't think it's okay to tell a woman she shouldn't have had that sweet baby in her arms

Quoting WifeyC:

I only think that when people are already clearly struggling and plan another child.   I don't think that's responsible.

FL2AK
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:34 PM
7 moms liked this

I don't think it is sick.  Women treat getting pregnant so lightly and some don't even care if they have a baby with a loser.  Having a baby is not something that you do in the heat of the moment with no consideration as to whether or not you can provide.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some of them, not all, may be stuck in a welfare loop, that started when the economy came down, it's not always easy to get out of it.
If your not doing anything to better yourself and choosing to stay struggling, I agree you shouldn't have more, but to say that to another mom is..sick

Quoting FL2AK:

wyldebtrfly
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM
4 moms liked this

Clearly if parents choose to buy food, pay hydro/gas/water and make sure their rent/mortgage is paid instead of buying their kid ...whatever... for a commercialized holiday they are obviously crappy parents and should be tar & feathered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
What she said.

Quoting FL2AK:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I thought this was going to be another cs post. But it might turn into one.

Some forget, that if you're making $100k a year, than get a drop in income, you still have bills, car payments ect.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured