Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All putbulls need to be put down......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you ever own a shitty animal like a pitt?

Options:

NEVER

No

Probably not

Depends

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 262

View Results

All pitbulls need to be put down.......

dangerous, horrible animals.....

http://www.wafb.com/story/17960494/8-year-old-recovering-from-pit-bull-attack

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Replies (511-520):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

lol. You do know that they arent the most dangerous breed right?

yes they are.... based on number of fatal and severe injurious bites and attacks

you are the most ignorant person on this site. and you have no room to talk about bad dogs, you're an admitted breeder so in my eyes you are scum

Why are breeders scum?? LOL

I breed beautiful, loving animals for lovely families. I have never had an unsatisfied customer.

Not everyone wants to adopt an animal from a shelter. You don't know it's history, you don't know how it was raised, you don't know if it ever bit or attacked anyone, you don't know it's medical history, you don't know if it's ever been sick, you don't know if it will have a high or low chance of becomming sick in the future.... some families want a great, HEALTHY animal to become part of their family. There is nothing scummy about that.

There's a lot scummy about bringing more dogs into the population at shelters.

What happens when the family you sell you puppy to gets tired of it? Do you take it back happily?

ginamom512
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

It's not the breed of the dog it's the way the dog is raised.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Good for you. Many people wouldn't.

Before I became a breeder I got my dog from one because I have children and wouldn't want to get a dog who MAY be agressive, or MAY have been abused, or MAY have health problems, or MAY have genetic problems, or MAY have to spend most of it's life going to the vet...........

If you have no problem with the unknown..... good on you.

Quoting amylovesnick07:

I would buy a dog from a shelter over any breeder.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

yes they are.... based on number of fatal and severe injurious bites and attacks

you are the most ignorant person on this site. and you have no room to talk about bad dogs, you're an admitted breeder so in my eyes you are scum

I breed beautiful, loving animals for lovely families. I have never had an unsatisfied customer.

Not everyone wants to adopt an animal from a shelter. You don't know it's history, you don't know how it was raised, you don't know if it ever bit or attacked anyone, you don't know it's medical history, you don't know if it's ever been sick, you don't know if it will have a high or low chance of becomming sick in the future.... some families want a great, HEALTHY animal to become part of their family. There is nothing scummy about that.

L8ly3196
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Ughhhh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Legaltype
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I know what a pitt bull is, but what the hell is a putt bull?

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Exactly. Ive had a pitbull around my kids. Awesome dog. loving dog. protective dog.

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

Omg its not the breed its the way they are RAISED!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

What happens when the family you sell you puppy to gets tired of it? Do you take it back happily?

Yes, it's in our contract. They aren't allowed to sell or give away the dog. They must return it to me if they change their mind for any reason.

This hasn't happened yet...... I get monthly or yearly letters and photos, or have them as friends on FB so I can see how the family and dog are doing.

Believe it or not.... most people who are willing to spend 1000 on an animal, they tend to do their research first, make sure they're ready for an animal in their family, etc....... a dog isn't a toy. It's a life long commitment.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao

Maybe he putts a bull around a golf course. Lmao!

Quoting Legaltype:

I know what a pitt bull is, but what the hell is a putt bull?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:53 AM

really.  a pitt attacking a kid is a story.  BUT  just on saturday there was a 4 yr old little girl attacked by a shitzu (sp)  she got 73 stitches on her face and arms.   There wasnt even a story about it the paper.   What ironic is that there are 3 pitts in the house next door from the shitzu and they are the sweetest dogs ever.  Obviously this happened right down the road from me which is why I know about it.

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

Yes, it's in our contract. They aren't allowed to sell or give away the dog. They must return it to me if they change their mind for any reason.

This hasn't happened yet...... I get monthly or yearly letters and photos, or have them as friends on FB so I can see how the family and dog are doing.

Believe it or not.... most people who are willing to spend 1000 on an animal, they tend to do their research first, make sure they're ready for an animal in their family, etc....... a dog isn't a toy. It's a life long commitment.

Which would be why most Pit Bull owners get from reputable breeders and not some guy selling them out of a cardboard box in a seedy neighborhood. And since you are a breeder and I am sure claimed temperament is important you should look into the Pit's temperament. Chances are this dog in the attack was not an actual Pit Bull but some bootleg crossbreed created by the guy with the box because he's too stupid to research what he's doing.

With that said...both of my purebred dogs came from the shelter because breeders sold them to people who didn't realize this was a commitment for life. Regardless of my baby girls agining and medical conditions, she's NEVER going back to the shelter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured