Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

may be time to take babies to the doc??

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  • 19 Replies

dd has diarrhia and ds is vomiting. it started yesturday morning and presitted until last night,. they woke up this morning both in good form, i didn't give them anything to eat but dry toast as i knew they wouldn't want anything heavy after being six for a good 24hours. day went on, gets to 7pm ds starts vomiting again. dd still has diarrhia but not as bad and drinking plenty. ds anytime he drinks even flat 7up he trows everything up, at this point he has nothing left and has just heaved a few times. he had two dirty diapers but thats the only diapers i have changed on him today. time for the doc??

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM
When in doubt... Take them in.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:56 PM

thank you, i am really worried, its 1am now and they are both asleep but ds has woken to heaf.

Quoting PerfectVirgo:

When in doubt... Take them in.

CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:58 PM
How old are they? As long as they are staying hydrated, I wouldn't be to worried.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM
As long as they are hydrated I would say just let the virus run its course. At 1 am, your only option is the ER and you will sit in the waiting room with 2 cranky tired babies ( ON A HOLIDAY) all night. It will be very busy and there's not much they can do that you can't do at home.
otoole
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:06 PM

ds is 2 and dd is 8months. i am thinking of just leaving them til marning, see how they are and take them to the doc if they are not better.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

How old are they? As long as they are staying hydrated, I wouldn't be to worried.

otoole
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM

not a holiday here in ireland but your right,im just nervous now about ds cos he has nothing in him to throw up, hes just heaving. poor thing is wreaked from it, i never heard him cry like that before. i will wait til morning, dd isn't to bad

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as they are hydrated I would say just let the virus run its course. At 1 am, your only option is the ER and you will sit in the waiting room with 2 cranky tired babies ( ON A HOLIDAY) all night. It will be very busy and there's not much they can do that you can't do at home.

PerfectVirgo
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Poor guy. :( watch for wet diapers. If he doesn't have any, he's dehydrated. It can happen fast in a little one.

Quoting otoole:

not a holiday here in ireland but your right,im just nervous now about ds cos he has nothing in him to throw up, hes just heaving. poor thing is wreaked from it, i never heard him cry like that before. i will wait til morning, dd isn't to bad

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CrimsonGrace
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I definitely wouldn't wake them up to go. Any fever?

Quoting otoole:

ds is 2 and dd is 8months. i am thinking of just leaving them til marning, see how they are and take them to the doc if they are not better.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
otoole
by Silver Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:54 AM

i let them sleep. he drank a bottle during the night and its 10 am and he is still asleep. could be a good sign

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

I definitely wouldn't wake them up to go. Any fever?

Quoting otoole:

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 4:56 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN