Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did anyone else's stuff get messed up "down there" from a vaginal birth?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Just curious because the area on the inside, on the right side now hangs lower by like a half an inch than the other. (Not the lip but not sure of the actual name). I don't know if this is common or not but its annoying and ugly :( I don't know if I just had a bad experience or what. (I had my son almost four years ago btw)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Mine looks and feels like it did before I had my kids. After my first, my episiotomy was stitched up crooked but it was fixef after all the other ones I had. And my dh never noticed.
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I have alot of scar tissue from only one kid...I tore internal and external, to the worst degree (I forget what it was, just that it was the worst) and had to have episiotomy revision surgery. I am afraid to look. After about nine months things finally started feeling normal again...don't want to look and get any more depressed about it than I already was!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this
She's talking about how it looks, not how tight it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. Some how I came out tighter and in better shape than before... Kegals, they are GREAT!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM
No, they didnt offer : / we were having hard times and I was on Medicaid briefly, I'm sure they just didnt care. I also had an infection and fever and asked for a blanket and it took 6 hours to bring it to me and to realize I was running a fever .

Quoting Anonymous:

No, mine is ok. Did you have an episiotomy or anything?
EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Not my vaginal area but my bladder has been beaten up. I have to wear a pad all day long, I constantly leak and pee when I sneeze.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM

If you were told to start pushing from the moment you were fully dilated and before the urge to push happened naturally. Then you probably caused unnecessary stress on your lady parts that could of led to it. But, otherwise you now are the proud owner of a v-birth vag.  I wouldn't worry about it if your dh/so isn't complaining. 

yayasdaughter
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:02 PM
Your referring to the labia minora. Its common for those to be uneven. I'm sure your guy doesn't even think twice about it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM
This is a weird thing to quote....but this lol

Quoting mishamama:

Nope, mine is normal. I do kegals regularly, but all vaginas are different and sometimes after having a baby they are never the same, I am very fortunate mine that mine was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM
3 moms liked this

Mine has teeth now. And it foams sometimes....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Mine looks and feels like it did before I had my kids. After my first, my episiotomy was stitched up crooked but it was fixef after all the other ones I had. And my dh never noticed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)