Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids are on the Angel Tree this year and I feel bad!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

Every year we always have a great a christmas but this year it wont be the same. We recently moved a few states away back to my hometown. Dh got a job with my brother and he makes about $300 weekly that doesn't cover all of our bills. Our bills include 2 car notes which are 286 and 388, rent is 650, power bill runs about 160. But the point is I signed  my kids up for the Angel tree. I feel like a bad mom who has failed this year. I have been looking for a job since the day we moved here and nobody calls me back. I am depressed because I am not used to being at home. I had worked for 7 straight years and now we are struggling because we bearly afford our bills :( I know they will have something under the tree for christmas but its not the same :( I don't know is you understand how I feel or not.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:58 PM
that's what those programs are for to help families that are having a hard time to get there kids a little something. this is the first year in awhile i haven't needed Angel tree. but i could still get it I'm not applying tho. i rather the help to go to a family that really needs it
Schleetle
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Stuff happens... That is why these programs are available so you shouldn't feel badly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bekalynne440
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:08 PM
My parents had one really rough year when I was a teen. My sister had special needs and along with medical bills my mom had to leave her job for a year to take care of her. We were "adopted" by another family for Christmas. My parents told us ahead of time (they didn't know if what kind of gifts we'd get and didn't want us to get our hopes up for Christmas). The family went above and beyond and made our Christmas extra special. I still remember my mom in tears over the generosity of strangers.

That Christmas still impacts me today. When we can, we love helping other families at Christmas.

It all depends on how you approach it. It meant more to me to get my gifts from strangers that year than it would have to get them from my parents. Maybe your can use it to teach your kids about generosity and thankfulness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN