Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

im pregnant?!? why didnt someone fill me in?

So i was standing at subway when a lady turns and asks if i was ready for my baby to come.... im not pregnant. Im actually on implanon and on my period... how would you take it if someone said that when you know your not.

Pic on pg 4
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Bump with pic
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM

it was more i just couldn't get rid of the pooch. i think if any stranger pointed out something that wasn't true about you it would be upsetting. and some people really just mean it to be nice. i have never mentioned anything to the person. i did ask quietly to someone at church who would know. turns out she just  had a giant stomach tumor that was making her look 8 months pregnant. I always to try secretly confirm before saying anything to the actual person. or casually mention my kids, and see if they mention about how they can't wait for theirs to get here, etc. i don't say anything to strangers though. i do, however, gush over the cuteness of peoples babies! guilty as charged on that one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Or rude ass people can just keep their mouths shut.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lose weight?
wyldebtrfly
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I'd have told them 'oh i'm not pregnant'  and let them sit there all embarassed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Um, she asked how "I" would react....reading comprehension must not be your strong suit.

Quoting Anonymous:

Or rude ass people can just keep their mouths shut.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lose weight?
teenmomto2
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Oh my God that is awful!!

Quoting colins_mom:

I have so had that happen. My response: not pregnant, just fat. Thanks for pointing it out though!

When I WAS pregnant and a waitress I had a lady tell me that I wasn't pregnant just fat and that I was faking for better tips. When I asked her what made her think that she said and I quote "you're so ugly no one would willingly have sex with you" I had to go to the kitchen and cry....,the owner made her leave.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:21 PM
How did YOU handle it OP??
prenatalRN
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM

This is something my mother taught me when I was very little. Never ask someone if they are pregnant/about their pregnancy until they tell you they are pregnant. EVEN IF they look super duper pregnant!

Also its none of that strangers business if you are pregnant.....

mrs.waffles
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I would say, damn i just had my baby and i havnt lost the weight yet. You must think im a fat fuck. haha im sarcastic, and it cracks me up. I have had a lady actually ask me that, I said im not pregnant but my sister is, i guess im having sympathetic weigh gain? lol she laughed and said sorry, no problem lady its all good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM

lol thats crazzy i guess some ppl have the pregnancy sense :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)