Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom's don't have the right!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It really bothers me that moms now-a-days think that they have the right to keep a child away from their father because he's an "ass" or jerk or because they don't need him to help them raise the child. Well maybe their child needs their father, maybe they should be able to make the choice when they are older. It's not all about the mom. If she thinks the guy is such a jerk then she shouldn't have put out. Dad's matter. Kids need dads and it's not up to moms to decide that. Be civil don't say bad things about children's parents to them. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I respectfully disagree. My mom thought as you did, and it only caused more heartache and insecurities. I wish and looking back she does to, that she would have kept him out of our lives. It takes more than sperm, to make a father. My step-father can attest to that, he's more of a father and grandfather than my bio-dad will ever be. At least my grandparents were constant, too bad their son  (my bio -dad)wasn't.

Also, people change, so the whole "shouldn't have put out" is bull.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM

im guessing your a step mom? and i have a whole shit ton to say on this matter

brysonsmommy09
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM
I would never keep my babies from their dad. He may be a jerk but I feel like it hurts the babies more than it does the dad. We are together now but when we were split up I let him have our son when he wanted within reason (meaning I didn't let him have ds all week I would have withdraws) but he still talked to him every night and every morning and seen him when he wanted to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM
My ds's bio father is an ass, I am not keeping ds away from him per say, but since he chose drugs over me and his son, I have very strict guide lines that WILL be met before ds goes to spend ANY TIME WITH BIO FATHER. one of those will be a full back ground check on the skank he married to avoid jail time. he will have to put forth the effort to get to know ds before ds goes to spend time with him.
And that is my right. I have 100% parenting time,
beautiful.GIRL1
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Please i have a right to keep my dd far away from her father. Idc who thinks otherwise. Over my dead body will her father have her. If he ever were to see my dd itd be a supervised visit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM
No my kids need me, they could care less if their dad was around. Dads are disposable.
mom2the.rescue
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Depending on what he's done, who he's done it to, what he's said, and who he's said it to, I don't care who he is.

Quoting Anonymous:

yea, but the idiot is still there father 

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

I agree...but I think a lot of the times men do and say reeeeeallly stupid things...and I'm sure it can be super hard to allow a friggin' idiot to take care of your kid kwim?

mom2three2012
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

THIS....

I get that having a father figure is good...but sometimes they cause more harm than bring in the good....this is true of crappy moms as well.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Sometimes the consistency of him being gone, is better than the inconsistency of him being there when he wants.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM
This argument is so stupid. Have you been in that situation? I bet you haven't. My ex took in my daughter and loved her as his own. It wasn't until his own child was born that he changed. He was violent and threatened to kill his own child. I know what you're going to say. You should have left, blah blah blah. Cuz it's that easy. Like you would know. Three years and another child later, I was finally able to leave. And now he wants 50/50 custody because why? It's not like he ever did a god damn thing for them. So, yea, my ex is a complete asshole and he doesn't deserve his own kids. Who the fuck are you to say what's best for MY kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Meh... You have no idea about the type of person my ex husband is. However, the only reason I kept them away from him was we had not worked out custody and we lived in two desperate states. Yes, he gave me permission to move our kids across a state line. And when I first moved things were civil and he got them whenever he wanted and always brought them back. He only lives 45 mins from here. Well when our divorce started he turned very aggressive toward me. Even though he had walked out on our children and I a year earlier and said he wanted a divorce. My lawyer told me absolutely do not let him take them until a custody order was in place, because once he got them across the state line, it would be hell getting them back. And yes he would have done it just to hurt me. Custody is working fine and he gets them every weekend , every break during the school year and we rotate holidays.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN