Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom's don't have the right!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It really bothers me that moms now-a-days think that they have the right to keep a child away from their father because he's an "ass" or jerk or because they don't need him to help them raise the child. Well maybe their child needs their father, maybe they should be able to make the choice when they are older. It's not all about the mom. If she thinks the guy is such a jerk then she shouldn't have put out. Dad's matter. Kids need dads and it's not up to moms to decide that. Be civil don't say bad things about children's parents to them. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM

lol I'm thinking the same thing.  This step mom wants to be closer to her step kids and the bio mom has her reasons why the kids aren't there.

Quoting Anonymous:

im guessing your a step mom? and i have a whole shit ton to say on this matter

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Shut up
mamom01
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I agree. 

hp2011
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM

my ex used to beat me, is always stoned (if you smoke pot, that's fine, but he wont' even quit to take his court ordered drug tests) and is always yelling at my oldest, AND he told me that my youngest looks like he needs a banana and called him the N word...

so...

no. he won't be coming around, unless he wants a stern talking to by SO.

Tigress22304
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM

my ex physically harmed our 2month infant daughter-so I had a valid reason to keep her away from him. He was physically/verbally abusive to us both once I had her. It's been 7yrs since she's ever laid eyes on him. believe me she's better off.

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:41 PM

*moms...not mom's*

Traceyssel
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM

My son's dad beats pregnant women.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM
No. They are not. Think what you want to make yourself feel better. If dads are "disposable" so are moms. Good grief what is this world coming to?!?

Quoting Anonymous:

No my kids need me, they could care less if their dad was around. Dads are disposable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:43 PM

wyldebtrfly
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I always tell my single mom friends it's not about his right to see his child it's about their child's right to see their father. Keeping a child away from their parent is wrong (unless the parent is abusive, which goes without saying) you're not hurting the ex, you're hurting your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)