Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mom's don't have the right!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It really bothers me that moms now-a-days think that they have the right to keep a child away from their father because he's an "ass" or jerk or because they don't need him to help them raise the child. Well maybe their child needs their father, maybe they should be able to make the choice when they are older. It's not all about the mom. If she thinks the guy is such a jerk then she shouldn't have put out. Dad's matter. Kids need dads and it's not up to moms to decide that. Be civil don't say bad things about children's parents to them. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM
Um there can sometimes be a damn good reason. I have a friend who's kids dad got angry and killed all the family pets.. she kept his crazy ass away from their daughters and I agreed with her 100%
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

it's really sad that so many women think dads aren't important to their children.  Did you not have a dad around yourself?  Unless he's physically harmed you or the kids, you shouldn't keep kids from their fathers.  While it may be your legal right, your kids may resent you for it later.

Robsessed98
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM
AMEN!!! Couldnt agree more. Pisses me off when moms or dads pit their kids against the other when the problem is between the "adults".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM
my bil ex does this all the time over fb. She is very immature
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM

my sons father was a drug addict and ended up in a mental institution and killed himself a year ago 

i didnt want to keep our son away from him, he just needed the time to get the help he needed and he was getting it, so we thought. 

Anariama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I disagree,if the guy is an idiot,ass,jerk or bad influence; he has no business being alone with my children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Nope.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

lol I'm thinking the same thing.  This step mom wants to be closer to her step kids and the bio mom has her reasons why the kids aren't there.

Quoting Anonymous:

im guessing your a step mom? and i have a whole shit ton to say on this matter

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:47 PM
I agree to an extent.

1. I have found It's mostly women that have dated a man with a Child that always say stuff like this.
Not the mom that was hurt in the situation.
Sometimes its hard to get over whatever happened.
But eventually you Do of course.

2. Children Should be able to see their father, but only if he is stable and not when he just wants to be there when It's convenient.. but some women think its ok, cause 'hey least he cares that Much' no.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Yay grammar police!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

*moms...not mom's*

mommieof3_752
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I agree 100%. Unless the father is a danger or puts the child in danger, they have a right to be there for that child. I cant stand when a mother keeps the kids from the father. They give that excuse, "well he can come here a see them"...well maybe your a bitch and he doesnt want you hoovering over him while he is trying to bond with his child. Or he hasnt paid his child support so Im not going to let him see them. If he doesnt pay for a good reason..like he doesn't even have a job...then dont deprive the child of a relationship with their father. I just dont understand how a mom can put her selfish dumb shit b4 her child.The kids are what is important. It damages the child to feel that their father doesnt care about them. I know my father lived at home with us and didnt even talk to me or play with me and it hurt...I cant imagine what its like for a child who doesnt even see their father

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN