Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's don't have the right!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

It really bothers me that moms now-a-days think that they have the right to keep a child away from their father because he's an "ass" or jerk or because they don't need him to help them raise the child. Well maybe their child needs their father, maybe they should be able to make the choice when they are older. It's not all about the mom. If she thinks the guy is such a jerk then she shouldn't have put out. Dad's matter. Kids need dads and it's not up to moms to decide that. Be civil don't say bad things about children's parents to them. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Replies (41-50):
tattdmom2prncss
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Amen!!!!! I totally agree! If my husband and I ever split I promise it will be for something HUGE that will make me hate him, BUT eventhen he will still have his daughter with him as often as possible cuz he's her dad, bottom line, it's not about what my personal feelings are.

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:48 PM

lol I'm usually not one of "them"...but this time I just felt like it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yay grammar police!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

*moms...not mom's*

Anariama
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM

So lets say if your DH punched you in the face and you divorced,you would feel comfortable sending your dd to him every weekend alone?

Quoting tattdmom2prncss:

Amen!!!!! I totally agree! If my husband and I ever split I promise it will be for something HUGE that will make me hate him, BUT eventhen he will still have his daughter with him as often as possible cuz he's her dad, bottom line, it's not about what my personal feelings are.

novachick
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Yup I do, my step dad! A hell of a better man than my bio dad ever thought of being. My mom would have done us a favor by keeping him away if she could have. Our lives would have been a hell of a lot more stable and easy. We wouldn't have missed out on shit because we had our real (step) dad there every day since my mom met him. No need for my slacker father to be in our lives. My parents never talked bad about him, he was never abusive towards us, he was just a jerk and his new wife was a bitch and he allowed her to be one towards us. No need for that when we have a good mom and dad in one home where we could have been an intact family unit.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

it's really sad that so many women think dads aren't important to their children.  Did you not have a dad around yourself?  Unless he's physically harmed you or the kids, you shouldn't keep kids from their fathers.  While it may be your legal right, your kids may resent you for it later.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM
I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. My oldest DD is far better off without her bio dad around. He likes to pick and choose what's convenient for him. She's 13 now and chooses to not see him.

I don't feel that mothers can pick and choose who has to follow what in a custody decree. That's my statement. Mothers shouldn't be allowed to bitch at the father for being a few minutes late for drop off, yet ignore the orders to provide clothing for weekends (wont even put a coat on the boy), totally tries alienate the boys affection for his father and refuses to allow most phone calls yet throws a hissy fit if she is denied due to being out of service area or just being out and having too much fun to answer a phone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:56 PM
There are people with far worse grammar that should be policed, but that is a completely different post.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

lol I'm usually not one of "them"...but this time I just felt like it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yay grammar police!

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

*moms...not mom's*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM
But at least she was given that choice.

Quoting DannieLou:

I don't think you can make a blanket statement like that. My oldest DD is far better off without her bio dad around. He likes to pick and choose what's convenient for him. She's 13 now and chooses to not see him.

I don't feel that mothers can pick and choose who has to follow what in a custody decree. That's my statement. Mothers shouldn't be allowed to bitch at the father for being a few minutes late for drop off, yet ignore the orders to provide clothing for weekends (wont even put a coat on the boy), totally tries alienate the boys affection for his father and refuses to allow most phone calls yet throws a hissy fit if she is denied due to being out of service area or just being out and having too much fun to answer a phone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM
My sil will not allow her soon to be ex dh see their 7 month old daughter. I do not blame her. He is not only an ass but a drug addict and is constantly in and out of jail. He is currently in jail as a matter of fact. He threatened to kill my sil & their unborn baby the night she kicked him out. He was engaged to another woman while still married to my sil& tried to go to the courthouse to marry the other girl(he never told the girl he was still technicaly married & had another kid). He does not deserve to know my niece EVER.
jiffypop2207
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I think she's referring more to people like my bil ex who keeps moving and hiding his kids from him because "he gives her a headache" and doesn't want to deal with his drama. I.e. him,yelling,at her for hiding the kids from him

Quoting ALWsMomma:

My neices dad was in prison the first 6 years of her life. When he got out he busted the windows out of my sisters apartment and destroyed her car. 3 years later he is trying to get partial custody. He is an ass... should he be allowed around my neice?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Um, no.  If he is a danger in any way or a deadbeat who only drops in when he feels like it, he needs to stay away completely.  Might just be me but I don't follow the notion that a bad father is better than no father.  No child needs a loser in their life, no matter if they share DNA.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured