Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Day of Mourning for Native Americans

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
4 moms liked this

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

bump

MamaHasWings
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

BUMP! People need to open a history book and do some research on what it really means to be a non-Native American and how we got here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Caucasians were here before the so-called Native Americans.  They chased the caucasians out and/or killed them off.  And this is not truly their native land either, they all came here from somewhere else.  They need to get off their high horse about it.  And BTW, I *am* part native american.

teeloffel
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM
2 moms liked this

That's really interesting. I've never heard that before. Source??

Quoting Anonymous:

Caucasians were here before the so-called Native Americans.  They chased the caucasians out and/or killed them off.  And this is not truly their native land either, they all came here from somewhere else.  They need to get off their high horse about it.  And BTW, I *am* part native american.

kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM
I've never heard that either. I always thought we sold the land from them. Until proven wrong I'll still believe that.

Quoting teeloffel:

That's really interesting. I've never heard that before. Source??

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM
3 moms liked this
You're an ignorant bitch.

Quoting Anonymous:

emeraldangel2.0
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

jesus christ, no. just...no.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Thanksgivings are awkward for my family. One side descends from the pilgrims and the other side from the Native Americans who greeted them.

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM
6 moms liked this

Day of mourning? I'd call it a day of regret. Seriously, they helped us, taught us how to fish, hunt, and work the land and what did we do? We took the land from them, turned it into "our" land, AND now anyone that comes to this country looking for a better life (just as we were) gets the 3rd degree and isn't allowed the same rights as any other person in America...oh yes. What a great people we are.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM
2 moms liked this
And I had nothing to do with it. So, lots of turkey for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN