Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my baby refuses to breast feed...

Posted by   + Show Post
i went to my wic yesterday since i wasnt making much milk the lactation consultant met with me to see how his latch was. he kept latching and re latching so she forced him to stay on the breast. now he willnot nurse at all. he just screams and fight me. he 2months old and has never ever done this until the consulatant did that. i thought she was helping me. im so mad and i feel rejectedby my baby. what do i do? i want him to stil breast feed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM
My daughter did this when there wasn't enough milk for her.. She acted like my boob was trying to kill her or something. Try some mothers milk tea to boost production, drink a protein smoothie and enough water throughout the day and that will help too. You can also run to Walmart and get some fenugreek which helps, although you smell like maple syrup after taking it for a while
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Unless the doctor states a weight issue there is no real way to know how much milk you are producing. Simply do a diaper count (6-8 per day and poo counts as 2) to insure baby is getting enough.

Stop with the bottles as suggested. The bath idea is also good. The group can be supportive (I've been there 9 months) like any other group- ignore the trolls.

Gdiamante (sp) is a great resource.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

flcowgrl23
by Platinum Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:32 PM
A good chiropractor can really help with latching and nursing issues, as well as any irritability he may have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM
This. Just like in any other situation if your stressed baby is stressed. Both my kids did this. It passed. I just kept going at it. I didn't give them bottles and it took them about 15 mins to take. I know it's frustrating but keep at it.

Quoting scperdomo:

Take a breather, if you're stressed he can tell and he'll get stressed out too. I'm sorry I don't have more advice, but here's a bump! Hopefully some other moms with more experience can help you out!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I agree with this. I couldn't get dd to latch for the longest time, and we were both super stressed. One day I decided to just stick her on (didn't feel like getting up for a bottle lol) and she just got on. After that we didn't use bottles until I decided to stop bf. They can definitely feel when you're tense and it makes it harder on both of you. 

Quoting scperdomo:

Take a breather, if you're stressed he can tell and he'll get stressed out too. I'm sorry I don't have more advice, but here's a bump! Hopefully some other moms with more experience can help you out!

wyldebtrfly
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

this sounds crazy, but try nursing while you're in the bath. Baths tend to be relaxing for mama and baby. When you're relaxed, he'll relax.  Keep at it, he will nurse. He's just pissed and you're stressed.

redhead-bedhead
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

You can PM me and maybe I can help. I have some Breastfeeding Support Training and I have nursed for over 4.5 years combined.

Your post has been hijacked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:38 PM

yeah i dont quite understand why they make comments on breastfeeding threads when they dont breastfeed. 

but like i said, the group mods really know their stuff.  i always wait for tabi or g to answer my questions.  larissalarie is also very good but i dont think she is a mod.

Quoting YzmaRocks:

People who don't breastfeed not have the desire to BF comment. Not sure why. It's not helpful.

Quoting Anonymous:

actually the group mods are fantastic. 

unfortunately they turned it into an open group and now a bunch of uneducated assholes can comment whenever they want.  fun times.

OP, take a nice, long warm bath with the baby.  do a lot of skin to skin.  do not force the breast on him.  hand express a few drops of milk into your breast and let him naturally root until he finds the nipple and latches himself.

also keep in mind he is probably going through a MAJOR growth spurt right now and most breastfed babies are crazy at this point.  breath.  he will eat.  just give him some time.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

have you been on that site?  They can be BRUTAL!!  

Quoting Traceyssel:

Join the breastfeeding group on cm

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Oh you're so fucking funny. How long did it take you to come up with that witty comeback?

Quoting Anonymous:

ME FIRST! But not before you inhale my putrid fart.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bite me!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm a troll for calling you out? WHATEVER :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh go sit on a rusty railroad spike.YOU'RE the only troll I see here.

Quoting Anonymous:

IDGAF IF YOU MADE THE ORIGINAL POST OR NOT! You're still acting like a smelly crotch for correcting her spelling, when all she was trying to do was defend herself. She's probably worried sick since her infant isn't eating. YOU'RE the only bitch here.... & a heartless troll might I add. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not the anon that made the original comment you dumbass! Get the fuck over yourself! I'm not a fucking troll you bitch!

Quoting Anonymous:

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FAT ASS CRUSTY ASS LOOSE LIPPED TROLL.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok, then why are you dumb? The word I believe you were looking for is you're.

Quoting athiareece:

maybe thats why your so dumb...

Quoting Anonymous:

If I had to drink from boobs I would refuse it too. Ick!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)