Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my baby refuses to breast feed...

Posted by   + Show Post
i went to my wic yesterday since i wasnt making much milk the lactation consultant met with me to see how his latch was. he kept latching and re latching so she forced him to stay on the breast. now he willnot nurse at all. he just screams and fight me. he 2months old and has never ever done this until the consulatant did that. i thought she was helping me. im so mad and i feel rejectedby my baby. what do i do? i want him to stil breast feed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

I'm the anon that made the original statement. How is she defending herself when she's calling someone dumb but can't even use correct grammar? If she's worried so much about him starving she would put the damn boob down. Leave it the hell alone and give the baby his bottle and leave well enough alone. If its not fixed then don't fix it. You're the trashy one by calling others names.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM

If you are stressed, you baby senses it.  Go into a dark room and find a comfortable spot for you and baby.  He might have thrush too.  Breastfed babiees seem to get it alot.  Check his mouth for white patches on his lips or tongue.  That will cause him discomfort and he will not want to nurse.  You can get gentian violet from a pharmacy and your doctor will prescribe you Diflucan(sp?) to take.  When he nurses he will get the medicine and it will help clear it all up.  Just a thought.. Hopefully he latches on soon for you.  Good luck Mama!

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:27 AM

oh I would if the post was still around. Also, I forgot, alot of them sit there and call you liars and that your pedi and you are both morons and you aren't a fit parent.  I've been asked before to show it.  I could go in there and find people being asses to eachother.

Quoting justone_jen:

Bullshit. Link me.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I was told I was a terrible mother and going to hell because I occasionally mixed formula with breastmilk and when my daughter self weaned at 11 months I was told I was an ignorant bitch and a bad mom again because "babies don't need anything but breastmilk for at least a year".   Totally turned me off from the group. I see mean posts on there ALL THE TIME.

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

have you been on that site?  They can be BRUTAL!!  

Quoting Traceyssel:

Join the breastfeeding group on cm

Yes, I've been in there for several months not once has anyone been rude/mean to me

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Ah, well that's convenient.

Many don't agree with pediatricians' advice regarding nutrition, because pediatricians aren't educated about nutrition, especially that of breastfed children. Considering the advice I've received from pediatricians, and seen posted, it's no surprise that many distrust them.

Sure, go find a post where a mother has been told she's unfit and going to hell, that's she's an ignorant bitch, a liar, and a moron.

You won't find one. It is commonly said in that group that the only bad mother is one who abuses her children.

The group is public, so occasionally a troll enters. The mods are quick to address them. Those of us who frequently post and comment just don't do what you've accused us of. It doesn't happen.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

oh I would if the post was still around. Also, I forgot, alot of them sit there and call you liars and that your pedi and you are both morons and you aren't a fit parent.  I've been asked before to show it.  I could go in there and find people being asses to eachother.

Quoting justone_jen:

Bullshit. Link me.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

I was told I was a terrible mother and going to hell because I occasionally mixed formula with breastmilk and when my daughter self weaned at 11 months I was told I was an ignorant bitch and a bad mom again because "babies don't need anything but breastmilk for at least a year".   Totally turned me off from the group. I see mean posts on there ALL THE TIME.

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Yes, I've been in there for several months not once has anyone been rude/mean to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:02 AM
She was doing her job... your baby is the one who doesnt want to latch. Clearly he was having latching problems before this.

Phases like this happen. He will latch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Nov. 22, 2012 at 10:03 AM
I 100% agree... that group is nothing but judgemental and rude. They ATTACK people.

I hate hate that group.

Quoting justone_jen:

Many don't agree with pediatricians' advice regarding nutrition, because pediatricians aren't educated about nutrition, especially that of breastfed children. Considering the advice I've received from pediatricians, and seen posted, it's no surprise that many distrust them.

Sure, go find a post where a mother has been told she's unfit and going to hell, that's she's an ignorant bitch, a liar, and a moron.

You won't find one. It is commonly said in that group that the only bad mother is one who abuses her children.

The group is public, so occasionally a troll enters. The mods are quick to address them. Those of us who frequently post and comment just don't do what you've accused us of. It doesn't happen.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting justone_jen:

Bullshit. Link me.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Traceyssel:

SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:36 PM

since I'm actually cooking today, I did a quick peek and saw in the title alone one that said Need help or something to that effect...please don't bash!  If no one ever bashes then why would people be putting that in the title?  And posts get deleted all the time, it's actually not convenient for me I would LOOOVEEEE to show you that your sanctimonous attitude isn't correct.  Either way judging by your attitude on this one alone, I'm rather convinced you're one of the know it all, you're not "trying hard enough" moms that post on their constantly that formula is poison and if you're not nursing at age 3 you "failed".

Quoting justone_jen:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting justone_jen:

Bullshit. Link me.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Traceyssel:

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:37 PM

You could keep trying, or you could pump for him. 

EmmaGlenn20
by Platinum Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I'm so sorry mama, I had the EXACT same problem. My DD would latch, take a suck, then pull of screaming and refuse to go back on. We still don't know what the problem was.

I'm sorry I can't offer any help, but I wish you luck.

justone_jen
by Gold Member on Nov. 22, 2012 at 6:50 PM
No, you've actually proved that a response which disagrees with your opinion somehow equates to bashing. People can't handle honesty, so they accuse others of being mean. I said nothing mean to you, but I'm sanctimonious for disagreeing. See how that works? And yes, it is convenient that you and others have been bashed, yet no one in the group has seen it, nor can any of you show us.

You can assume all you want about me. I am active in the group (something you would've noticed, had you spent time there), and have never seen any of the things you've alleged. I would gladly address them with the mods, if you could point out said posts, but alas, you can't.

For the record, I truly don't give a shit how a mother feeds her child, but when a woman asks for breastfeeding help, I try to help her continue breastfeeding.

Here's the deal- you're over-exaggerating and you know it. Go find a formula is poison post. Go find one bashing a mother. I'd love to seesee them. :)

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

since I'm actually cooking today, I did a quick peek and saw in the title alone one that said Need help or something to that effect...please don't bash!  If no one ever bashes then why would people be putting that in the title?  And posts get deleted all the time, it's actually not convenient for me I would LOOOVEEEE to show you that your sanctimonous attitude isn't correct.  Either way judging by your attitude on this one alone, I'm rather convinced you're one of the know it all, you're not "trying hard enough" moms that post on their constantly that formula is poison and if you're not nursing at age 3 you "failed".

Quoting justone_jen:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting justone_jen:

Bullshit. Link me.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

Quoting Traceyssel:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)