Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just said bye to my grandma for the last time...

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM
  • 15 Replies

For as much as I knew it was coming, I accept it, I know I'll see her again and that she will be in a better place, it breaks my heart. My brother is at the hospital, along with lots of other family, and we were able to Skype. I got to see her, and talk to her, and say goodbye. The connection sucked, I wanted to say so much more. But, I am so grateful for what I did get, and for her influence in my life.

I love you grandma!

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmami316
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

im so sorry for you loss hugs

JuliFox
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

**** Hugs ****

samyee33
by Bronze Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry :-(
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm very sorry!

mom2hadley
by Heather on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM

The fact that you were able to say good bye is so nice. She knew you loved her and that is always comforting. I hope your mourning process goes smoothly. 

cherib82
by Post Killer on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry hun. Hugs

mitty18
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry for your loss.
Both my grammas are going to be dying in the next few months. One is in the hosptial with cancer from her head all the way to her bowels.
The other is at home but is going to pass any day...It is awful but like you said, they're going to a better place.

mrs.waffles
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, I just lost mine on the 15th at 3:30 pm. We knew it was going to happen, we were as prepared as we could be. She had dementia, and alzheimers, and about a week before she passed she came down with a salivitory infection we could not treat since she forgot how to swallow. She spent every day in bed for 2 months, we had to change her diapers, and give her bed baths, and spoon feed her, sadly she stopped eating and lost so much weight. Her immune system eventually gave out, but the best part as bad as it sounds she got to pass her at home. She had the best last 4 years of her life, she didn't go to a nursing home, my mom and I cared for her. She had showers, baths, all her favorite foods, fresh foods, massages, creams applied, some one to really talk to, instead of nurses who treated her as a job. It was hard on us, but we know she loved it being free still at the same time as being cared for. I miss her, and it's wierd to not have her around this year for the holidays, but I'm glad she isnt suffering.

mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone you love. I lost my grandma 8 years ago and I still miss her everyday. It's good that you got to say goodbye. Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)